I'm Gonna Be 14.3

Annabelle's POV

I waited in the bedroom. To pass the time I played ukulele, quietly, as to not draw attention to myself. Then I sat at the windowsill staring in the garden. Then I paced the room. I felt trapped. So I turned into a dove, flying in circles to calm my nerves, but then I felt more trapped. I was literally a bird in a cage. Not able to help Jace, not able to help Rose, I felt useless.

I didn't know how much time it had been, how long I'd been left alone with my thoughts when Jace came flying into the room, the door slamming behind him. "We need to leave NOW!" I stood shocked as Jace started throwing things into a bag he had placed under the bed that I didn't know was there. He flew into the closet and then the bathroom and emerged back to the bedroom mili-seconds later with the bag almost completely packed.

He was still flitting about the room when I said in a tiny voice. "Jace, what is happening?" This stopped his frantic moving around, and only then could I see how panicked his eyes were.

"They threatened you Annabelle." He said, his voice distraught. "My father was mad about Rose and then someone went to my father with information about our... relationship. They threatened you Annabelle, we are leaving now. There is no more plan. People will know of our intentions now as soon as we leave this castle. I've already told Flynn, they will meet us outside, but we're going to have to run." Jace said while slinging the backpack around his shoulders and picked up my ukulele case, which contained my ukulele, and placed it in my arms.

I understood that this was our only course of action, and that we were going to be running not only away from the castle, but head first into a revolution that I wasn't sure if we were headlining in the first place. Now, according to Jace, we had no choice. I had no option but to believe him.

Jace went to pick me up in his arms, then hesitated. "May I carry you kitten? It will be a lot faster."

Despite our situation I smiled. I loved that he was asking me permission, it showed how much his true character has shown through his tough exterior. I nodded and before I knew it we were outside, and he was running.

Minutes later we had stopped, and I didn't know how far away from the castle we were but I was placed on the ground, ukulele still in hand and Jace and Flynn were barely standing. Rose was also panting, but not as hard as the boys. I smirked, it's nice to know that vampires aren't all perfect.

"Okay, we can go at a normal running pace now, we got away quick enough they won't be able to track us." Said Flynn, still struggling to get the words out.

Jace nodded and went to pick me up but I shook my head, if they were going "normal" vampire speed, I could actually keep up. I could fly. I handed him my ukulele, which would be much easier to carry than me, and shifted into a small, but very fast falcon. Stretching out my wings I took off, but staying close to the ground, so as to not be spotted from tall buildings or any other ways they were searching for us.

Jace smiled and took off, followed closely by Rose and Flynn. I waited a moment and then took after them like a bullet. It was like we were all a blur. I felt as if I had never flown this fast before, and it would have felt free, if it didn't make me feel so tired. I think I preferred being carried... a lot less work.

...

After 20 minutes had passed I was going to collapse, but luckily I could see that the other three were starting to slow and that we would be stopping soon. It took another three minutes (I counted) for Flynn to call us to a halt. I quickly flew in a circle to slow myself and then dropped to the ground, shifting quickly.

I lay there panting as I felt Jace's arms around my body picking me up. He placed me in his lap and he leaned against a tree. If he had a heartbeat it would be racing, because if vampires could ever be out of breath, I feel as if this would be one of those moments. Personally I felt I had just run a marathon.

"How close are we?" asked Jace, though I couldn't tell if he was directing his question at Rose or Flynn. I assumed Flynn since Rose was still trapped as a wolf.

"Not far," Flynn relied, "we can walk it from here, we are far enough away, but we should probably get going now."

I moaned, which caused both Flynn and Jace to chuckle.

"Turn into something small and cute , I'll put you in my jacket pocket," said Jace. Although I knew he was kidding, I didn't think it would actually be all that bad of an idea. I could probably take a nap actually.

I smirked up at Jace and turned into a small white rabbit. Jace let out a hearty laugh and gently placed me in his pocket, which it turns out was very warm. Letting the warmth engulf me I settled in and prepared for my nap. I would enjoy this nap, for who knows what will happen when I wake.

............

Alright SO.

This ends part 1.

I will be starting part 2 AFTER I  edit part one... Once the editing is completed (there may be some serious changes) I will suggest wether or not a re-read will be needed. The editing will be done from now until April 28th

The first part of part 2 will be released May 1st

my absence largely has to do with working 3 jobs and going to school full time. I never suggest doing this. I am so tired.