Machine - 10

Annabelle's POV

I was woken up to a strong embrace carrying me out of the car. I faintly heard Flynn, who I had almost forgotten was even with us, thank the driver the three of us walked (well I guess two walked), towards the castle entrance.

I squeezed my eyes shut hard, willing myself to go back to sleep. Fear was starting to seep in further as I feared for the worst as soon as Jace and I got behind closed doors. Although he had been kind to me, and hadn't struck me, I knew he had a temper and I faintly remember him saying that if I disobeyed him, I would be punished.

Although I hadn't directly done something against his wishes, I do feel like maybe turning into a giant white tiger in the middle of a vampire store, in the middle of a vampire mall, was probably a poor move. I didn't exactly make the decision though, I acted out of instinct and fear.

Sometimes when I act out of fear I turn into that stupid grey kitten and oh how I wish that had been one of those times. I could've ran straight to Jace, and I know he wouldn't have let anything happen to me.

I started trembling as Jace carried me up the stairs and into our large room, placing me on the bed.

I curled up into a ball, scared he was going to strike, but he seemed almost more nervous than I did, as he started to pace back and forth. "Annabelle, do you know what you did?"

Uh oh, I knew this was coming. Tears started streaming down my face. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. I was so scared."

Jace walked towards me and on instinct I cowered, but he just reached down and softly picked up my small trembling frame. Confused, I almost stopped crying. Almost.

Jace sat on the edge of the bed with me in his lap.

"They're going to think you're a menace... what am I going to do?" He whispered, so quietly I almost missed it through my tears and soft hiccups. I'm almost not sure I was meant to hear it.

"I'm sorry," I wailed again.

"Shhhh," Jace said stroking my hair, "I'm not going to hurt you, I'm not going to let anything happen to you."

"You're not?" I said, confused. I was sure just a week ago, that if I had pulled something like this, he would have locked me in the dungeon for a week out of rage. Although I may be slightly exaggerating, there is no way he would be this calm. Jace sat me up straighter in his lap, looking down at me with those striking eyes.

"Annabelle, I'm going to tell you the truth, the whole point of this trip was to make you trust me, to make you not scared of me, and I honestly thought it was going to work. You held my hand, you let me take care of you. I wanted to show you that even if the law says you're my pet, maybe you could learn to not be so afraid, and I could learn to be a better... host. Until that stupid saleslady ruined everything, and now I don't know if the damage will ever be repaired."

He sighed. "we won't be able to go back out again for a while, that's for sure, because everyone will be talking about what just happened, and everyone will be expecting me to punish you in some way."

I tensed at those words, he was right. Everyone would be expecting just that, the laws said that there were no exceptions to treating shifters or werewolves with any form of respect, we were trash in the eyes of the law, that highest law being my owners father.

"But, I'm not going to hurt you, I promised I wouldn't, and although what you did was foolish considering our predicament, having you stuck in this room for the next week will be punishment enough. I do feel bad about this Annabelle, but you know this is the only way, if it got back to my father about what happened, and that you hadn't been punished properly, he might have you killed."

I looked up at him, in shock from his entire speech, somewhere, somehow, he cared about me. Even if it was only slightly, he didn't want to see me hurt.

Against my better judgment, I started crying again. This time, of a content happiness. I wouldn't say exactly joy, because I don't know anyone who could be truly happy in this predicament, but I was happy that someone at least cared a little bit.

"Please believe me Annabelle, I promise I won't hurt you I'm sorry." Said, Jace, sadly.

I shook my head, while turning my body slightly so I could wrap my arms around his body. I did so, slowly and carefully, but held him tight to me.

"Thank you, Jace."

I crumbled into the warm embrace as I felt his shock die down and his arms snake around my body, holding me close to him.

--------

A few moments later, we heard a knock at the door, and Jace stood up, arms still around me, holding me, and placed me gently on the bed, letting go. I wiped my eyes with my hand and sat silently on the bed.

Jace opened the door and quickly thanked a man as he handed him loads of bags. Jace shut the door and smiled at me as he brought the shopping bags over to the bed. "Your clothes madam. Why don't you go place these in the closet, you can sort them out while you're at it too"?

I gleefully took the bags from Jace and almost skipped to the closet. This was the first time I had owned this many things. Jace had kept telling me in the store, that these were all for me, these were my property. Although I wasn't sure property could technically own property, I didn't protest, and nodded with a smile on my face.

I placed all my clothing in the drawers and the racks, shocked at the fact all of the things I had picked out from the underwear store were also here, even the baby blue nightgown which I had loved so much! Flynn must have bought them after the whole ordeal, I blushed at the fact he had bought my underwear for me, but quickly removed the thought from my mind.

I tore my white dress off my body, and it quickly dissolved as I placed on fresh underwear and a bra and a new pair of black shorts, a warm grey hoodie and some big socks.

I exited the closet, to a smiling Jace holding a large bag in front of him

"Come here, Kitten, I have a surprise for you!"

---------

EDITED

What do you think it is!? What do you hope it is?!

Let me know what you think! Comment, Vote, Follow!

Next chapter will be up Friday night

- K