Thunder - 13

Rose's POV

A Few Hours Earlier

"Are you sure, Rose? This is very risky."

I grimaced. "What choice do I have? It is ether this, or hide for my whole life. I remember a time before all this shit happened. I had a family. I had friends, and due to that bastard Ezekiel, I have nothing. If I even have one chance, I will fight." I said while shrugging on the thick jacket that Darcy, the doctor I had gotten comfortable with, was handing me. Unlike bloodsuckers, werewolves actually got cold, unless we were in our wolf forms of course, but travelling like that would be too risky. Elizabeth had gone all out, getting a witch to cover my scent so I'd smell like one of her kind, and decking me out with all the best gear, so I could make it to the castle with little suspicion.

"This is very brave of you Rose." said a kind voice, the voice of Franklin. Unlike Elizabeth, who I still mistrusted slightly, I fully trusted Franklin. Although he was part vampire, he was also part shifter, and I knew I could trust at least that part of him. I haven't always had this hatred towards vampires of course. I used to be friends with some back in my youngest days, but that changed very quickly, around the same time of the attack against the crown prince and princess.

I turned around and grasped Franklin, soaking in the warmth he still emitted from his days as just a shifter. In the few weeks since the Prince had brought me here, Franklin had become a fatherly figure to me. I barley remember my own father, and it is wonderful to have someone who I feel safe around.

"Promise you'll try your best to stay hidden," he says, "Elizabeth will not be able to protect you if you are discovered, the King will not go easy on you."

I released myself Franklins hold, and looked up into his kind older face. "He is not my King; he will never be my King."

"What a fighter. It is an honour to have you helping us Rose." I turn back at Elizabeth and try my best to give her a genuine smile.

"Thank you for helping me Elizabeth, I promise I will bring the Prince and Annabelle back with me."

Elizabeth nodded, smiling. "I believe you."

After one more quick good-bye I headed outside and mounted the horse waiting for me. It was a black horse, as black as the night. With a full night of riding ahead of me I set off. Hoping the speed charm Elizabeth's witch used would get me there in record time, and in one piece.

.......

Amazingly within a few hours I arrived at the castle grounds, unfollowed and undetected. If I had been followed I would have known, luckily for us werewolves we have the best noses in the business, even better than the bloodsuckers.

I looked for the exact window, the window of the prince's bedroom, the one that Elizabeth had described to me in great detail. In under 5 minutes I found it, as I had managed to come towards the castle in the right direction, which I was immensely grateful for in that moment.

Dismounting the horse, I stood below it. Now this part was up to me. Thinking, or maybe not, I picked up the first large rock and used all my strength to throw it up towards the closed window. Sadly, for me, my strength was slightly more than I had hopped in that moment and instead of grazing the window like I had intended, it went through it, causing a very large smash. Oops.

I didn't see the Prince, but after that, I knew he would be down in any moment. I looked up at the fist sized hole in the window I had managed to create and gasped when I saw the shifter girl staring down at me.

She really was as delicate as Elizabeth had described. I could only see her face, peering through the hole but she had the most delicate, kind features. I was instantly drawn to her. NO ONE and I mean no one, that I had met who was a shifter or werewolf, had maintained innocence, maintained soft eyes. Most shifters or werewolves, if not blood slaves or pets (which were honestly very rare), were just slaves. The life of a slave wasn't that great let me tell you. The shifters usually had it easier than the werewolves, but that was because many could seem less menacing and didn't get as harsh treatment.