The Passenger - 1.1

Flynn's POV

Flynn's POV

Some vampires can be so reckless. Here I was, riding into the town that some of the Duke's sons had set on fire last night. Only a few houses were destroyed, but that also meant some witches as well. It may have only been a witch colony, but I'm sure they knew that. No repercussions for them. Witches, while they had some rights, were still treated as, less-then.

I hopped out of my car as I pulled up to a home that was particularly destroyed, this must be where they started setting fires. All that was left was a small barn, seemingly untouched by the flames.

The only reason I am here is I am one of the Royal family's main messengers, and I am the one who they send out if there is an issue. I am also the king's cousin's son, so practically family, I think chuckling to myself. I wish I wasn't, their Royal system is pretty messed up, but if I ever said that out loud, somebody would behead me. 

If it wasn't the King himself, it would be his son, Prince Jace. I don't think he actually agrees with with what his father is doing, it is just that he has given up, given up voicing his own opinion. That kid really needs something to remind him he can have his own voice. 

Though sadly, due to him giving zero shits, he is kind of hard to be around. It's just gotten easier to avoid him. 

As I venture into the barn I hear the sound of quick frightened breathing. Someone is in here. I glance around the room and spot a ball of grey curled up in a corner, doing its best to hide. It wasn't doing a very good job, and to be honest, trying to hide from a vampire is never a good idea. We get angry. Luckily I think most of my kinfolk are unnecessarily brutish, or else I would probably be furious at the young shifter whimpering in the corner right now.

There was no way that I was going to pass that off as a normal cat; it was too human-like and too clean for a normal barn animal.

I walked over to the crying animal and picked it up gently. Unlike most of my kind, I do not believe shifters, or even werewolves for that matter are 'dirt', but, at this point, I am not about to start a revolution for these creatures either. The poor creature starts shaking uncontrollably. Too frightened to change into an animal of actual use, something that it could defend itself with.

"Change, I promise I won't hurt you." I say, using my most gentle voice, staring into its green, wide eyes. I really wanted to know if this creature was boy or girl, how old it was, it's name. Curiosity is my biggest sin. I placed the small cat gently on the ground and before my eyes it shifted into a young girl wearing a pretty white dress.

Ignoring the shock as to how she managed to shift into clothes instead of being stark naked, I peered down at her curiously. The young girl pulls her legs to her chest and looks up at me, with the same coloured eyes as the cat had and with tears streaming down her pale delicate looking face. "How old are you, sweetheart?" I ask bending down to her level.

"Twenty," she whispers in the most delicate voice I have ever heard.

"Alright sweetie, were you this witch's family slave then?" I say looking down at her with pity. She had a few bruises covering her right arm. I don't understand how people can hurt such innocent creatures. Especially such a young girl. I have only been living 28 years myself, but at least I understand that these creatures have feelings too.

"They were my family." She says softly. I was shocked at this. Her bruises! They are days old, they couldn't have been from the vampires last night! How can she still consider these people who did this to her, family?

"Alright, I am going to need you to come with me now." I say looking down on her with pity; sadly I know I need to make a choice.

She starts shaking uncontrollably again as I lift her small frame from the ground. She couldn't be more than 5'1 and she is so tiny. Sadly she's probably suffering from malnutrition, she looks so young. Her long wavy brown hair cascades down her face as I carry her towards my car.

"Am I going to die?" She asks sadly, but with such an accepting voice, and at the thought of her own death! Such a young girl should still have hope! Have they sucked all the life out of her? With this I knew my decision had been made. I put her into the back of the car, and leaned over to buckle her up.

"No sweetheart, we are just going for a ride," I lie to her. The truth is, I don't know, but hopefully with my choice she'll have a better chance of surviving then if she was put into an auction or blood banks.

We start driving down the highway.

----------
Photo: Flynn

----------Photo: Flynn

----------

This Chapter has been edited

What do you yall think??

Vote

Comment

Subscribe!!

Thankks - K