Chapter 10

Tris POV:

I sit on my bed and I get a text. It's from Christina:

Hey. Heard u got in a fight with your bf. I'm so sorry. :( -Chris

Yeah.. He said he wants to talk today so he's meeting me at my house. -Tris

Once I reply to her I hear a knock at the door. I open the door and see Tobias. I sigh and roll my eyes. "So remember when we were kids?" I roll my eyes. I nod my head. "Yeah well.. Here." He says handing me a box. "If you don't forgive me I understand. Just please open it and look at it. That's all I ask." Tobias says and leaves. I close the door and go upstairs. I open the box and see flowers and an envelope. The envelope has writing on it. The envelope says: Tris. I open it and there is a letter.

Tris, my one and only love,

There is NOTHING going on between Marlene and I. I know that you love music so I was asking Marlene where to get MP3 players. Please forgive me. I can't live without you. I need you, probably more than you need me. Well if you don't forgive me, I guess I understand. I will be out of your life forever.

-Tobias

I'm not sure if I can forgive him or not. I shake my head and grab my phone to text him:

I'm sorry Tobias. A letter and flowers won't make me forgive you. -Tris

He texts back right away:

It's okay. It's fine. I won't talk to you or bother you ever again. -Four

I lay down on my bed. I start to fall asleep when I hear a scream. Not any scream, Tobias's scream. I look out my window and see Tobias on the pavement, a puddle of blood surrounding him. "TOBIAS!" I shout as I run downstairs and outside. "Tobias. Tobias come back to me. I forgive you." I say. It's probably too late to forgive him. He jumped out his window for me. I grab my phone and call 911. "Help! The love of my life jumped out a window! I'm at 1556 Chairman Street." I say and they hang up. Tobias's eyes flutter open. "Tris?" He says quietly. "Oh my god! Tobias! Tobias I forgive you." I say. "Tris. It may be a little too late for that." He says. I see his eyes close.