Chapter 7

Tris POV:

I walk down the hall and Peter stands in front of me. He takes my backpack and holds it up high. He is much taller than me so I can't reach it. I jump up and I still can't reach it. "Peter." I say. "Whatcha gonna do Stiff?" He says. I punch him in the face. He drops my backpack. I grab it from the floor. I walk up to Marlene and Shauna. "You going to the lake party today?" Shauna asks me. I nod my head. I walk with them outside and then onto the bus.

-----------------------------------------------

We finally get to Zeke and Uriah's house. "LETS HEAD TO THE LAKE!" Zeke screams. We all run to the lake. It's so beautiful. There is a rope hanging from a tree for us to swing on and a snack table for us to eat. "Okay Tris. You jump in first!" Christina says. "I prefer swinging into the lake!" I exclaim. Everyone smiles at me. Tobias picks me up and carries me to the rope. I get on it and he pulls it back and let's go. I swing over the lake. I jump off the rope and land in the lake. All the girls swing into the pool and all the boys jump in. "Okay! Let's play a quick round of Candor or Dauntless!" Uriah says. Everyone shakes their head. "Come on! Pansycakes!" He shouts. Tobias tackles him. "Fine. We'll play." He says getting up. "Okay. Candor or Dauntless, Christina?" Uriah says. "Candor!" She replies. The obvious choice, coming from her. "Who do you have a crush on?" Uriah asks. "You." She says. Uriah and Marlene broke up awhile ago. Uriah swims over to her and kisses her. "Will you go out with me?" Uriah whispers not that quietly. "Well that escalated quickly." Tobias whispers to me. I laugh. "Four, Candor or Dauntless?" Christina asks. "Dauntless obviously." He replies. "I dare you.. To kiss the person that you like the least, out of all of us." Christina says. Tobias swims over to Christina and gives her a quick kiss, then punches her arm. "Wow. Thanks Four." She says rolling her eyes. He swims back over to me and asks, "Tris. Candor or Dauntless?". I'm not sure which one to pick. "Dauntless." I say quickly. "Kiss your crush." He says. I swim over to him and kiss him. We forget that everyone is still there. "You guys are cute." Marlene says. "It makes me sick." Zeke remarks. "You guys are gross!" Uriah says. We roll our eyes. Later, we all get out of the lake and head to the snack table. "DAUNTLESS CAKE!" We all scream and run to the cake. Everyone grabs a piece and chomps it down. "Christina. Let's go to the rope! I'll push you." I say and grab her hand. She gets on the rope. "Be careful. Watch out for the dock in the middle of the lake." I say and I pull the rope back. I let go and she swings. She is slipping. She lets go of the rope when she swings over the dock. "CHRISTINA THE DOCK!" I shout. She screams as she falls. She falls straight on the dock, back first. "GUYS! CHRISTINA!" I scream. Zeke, Tobias and Uriah immediately run over to me. "What's wrong?" Uriah asks. "Christina! She fell on the dock!" I exclaim. Uriah's eyes open wide. "Oh my god. CHRISTINA!" He shouts as he swims quickly over to the dock. "Call 911!" I say. Tobias quickly runs to the snack table and calls. Uriah comes back quickly with Christina in his arms. "The ambulance said they would be here in 10 minutes!" Tobias says running back over. Uriah puts Christina on the ground. "Chris. Chris come back to us." He whispers. I knew Uriah always had a crush on Christina, even when he was dating me.