Chapter 5

Tobias POV:

I get up and get ready for school. "Where are you going looking like that?! It's freezing outside!" Marcus says. I go back to my room and put on a hoodie. "Now go to school!" Marcus says. As I am about to walk out he whips my back with his belt, of course. "OW!" I say and fall to the ground. He grabs my ear and makes me stand up. I quickly run out and walk to school. I see Tris walking with Marlene and Christina. I try to run to them but my back stings from where Marcus hit me. "Hey guys." I say softly. "Four?" Marlene asks turning to look at me. They all come over to me. "Four are you okay?" Christina asks. "Yeah.. Yeah don't worry about me." I say quietly. "Four.. Four what's wrong? What happened?" Tris says obviously worried. "Let's just go to school." I say. We all walk. Christina hears the first bell ring and she immediately starts running. "Christina! Class starts at the second bell!" Marlene shouts. Christina keeps running. We finally get to class. I sit down next to Tris and it starts to get hot in the classroom. I take off my hoodie and my shirt comes up with it, revealing some of the marks on my back. I wince. When class is over I walk to lunch with Zeke. Our group always sits together. The group is Zeke, Uriah, Tris, Marlene, Christina, Shauna, Lynn, and I. I sit in between Uriah and Zeke. Marlene sits next to Uriah and Lynn sits next to Zeke. Tris, Christina, and Shauna sit across from us. We sit down. "Four.. What happened this morning?" Christina asks. "Oh nothing.. I'm fine." I reply. Tris hasn't said anything. I finish my lunch and go to my next class.

-----------------------------------------

I walk outside of school and see Tris sitting on the bench alone. "Hey." I say and she stands up. "Tobias, who did that to you?" She says looking down. She has barely looked at me all day. I look at her confused. "You know what I mean." She says. I sigh. "Tris, I didn't want to tell you. But.. My dad, Marcus, he-he abuses me." I say. I watch everyone leave school as me and Tris just stay there. "Tobias! Why didn't you tell me earlier?!" She shouts, finally looking at me. There is pity in her eyes. This is why I never told her. "I-I didn't want you to pity me. To feel bad for me. I mean, no one should have to feel bad for me." I say looking at her. We stare at each other for a long time. "I believe that our lives don't have to be perfect for our love to be extraordinary." I say. I look into her eyes. And I kiss her. I grab her waist and pull her closer to me. She puts her hands through my hair. She pulls away and our foreheads are touching. "We have to go study. Even though I would rather stay here with you." She whispers. I grab her hand and we walk together back to her house. We walk into her house and into her room. I lay down on her bed and she lays down next to me. Tris starts teaching me about science. I was getting better at science. She finishes her lesson. "Tris. I have to go." I say and sit up. I stand up and kiss her. "Tobias, promise me you'll try and stay away from your father." She says. I kiss her forehead. "Don't worry!" I reassure her.

A/N: Short chapter sorry guys. Please vote for my fanfic and comment if you want me to update! :)