Chapter 9

Tris POV:

After school Shauna arrives at my house. "Hey girlie!" She says as she walks through the door. She's holding about 20 different dresses and a huge makeup case. She walks up stairs and sets everything up. "Dresses first." She says and grabs the first dress in the pile. It's pink and long. I try it on. "Yeah... Not working for you." She says and shakes her head. I try on a bunch of other dresses. I come out of the dressing room wearing a short, black, flowy dress with lace at the top. "Perfect darling! Four will love you when you wear this to prom! Now.. Let's do your makeup!!" Shauna shouts. She brings me next to the mirror and does my blush, eyeshadow, mascara, and lipstick. "Wow Shauna! Thanks so much!" I exclaim. She laughs. "Oh honey. We still have to do your hair!" She says and brings me into the bathroom to do my hair. She curls my hair then puts hairspray in it so it doesn't get frizzy. "You're all done! See you in a few minutes at prom!" She says. I look in the mirror and she goes downstairs and leaves. I hear a car horn honk from downstairs. I put on a pair of silver heels and walk downstairs. I open the front door and see a handsome Tobias holding flowers. "Wow Tris. You look stunning!Ready to go?" He asks. I walk next to him and he puts his arm around me. We walk inside the black limousine and all my friends are in there. "Hey guys!" I say and sit down next to Marlene and Tobias. I look over Marlene and next to her is a guy. A guy that I don't know. "Oh yeah. Tris, this is Dylan. He is my date tonight." Marlene says introducing me. I shake his hand. I look around and I see Uriah sitting alone. The limo door opens and I see Christina in a long black dress. Uriah's eyes light up. "Chris!" We all say in unison. She smiles and sits down next to Uriah. All of us now have dates. We get to the dance and we all step out of the limo. Once we get there, there is a slow song playing. Tobias and I go to the dance floor and he puts his arms around my waist. I put my arms around his neck. At the end of the song we kiss. "I'll go get you punch." He says and he walks away. I wait there for a while. It's now been 20 minutes. I walk over and see Tobias talking to Marlene. Tobias hugs her. I run outside and sit on the steps.
--------------------------------------------
Tobias POV:

I hug Marlene and walk over to where Tris was. "Tris?" I ask. I can't find her anywhere. "Hey Zeke have you seen Tris?" I ask Zeke. He points to the door and I walk outside. I see Tris crying. "Tris what's wrong?" I ask and sit next to her. "Four?" She says, looking up. I nod my head. "Don't talk to me. Please. If you wanted to be with someone else, you could've just told me." She says. Tris gets up and she starts walking home. "Tris! I don't want to be with someone else. I want to be with you. Marlene and I are friends. Just friends." I tell her. She shakes her head. "Get away from me Four. Please." She says and runs home. I just stand there. I don't even know if I'm crying or not.
-----------------------------------------------
Tris POV:

I run home crying. I can't believe Tobias would do this to me. Cheat on me with my best friend?! I lay down on my bed when someone knocks on the door. "Who is it?" I ask. "Your brother." Caleb says. I open the door. "Why are you crying?" He asks and puts his arms around me. "Boys?" He says and I nod my head. I get a text on my phone. "Come down for dinner soon, Beatrice." He says and leaves. I walk over to my phone and Tobias texted me:
Tris please answer me. We have to talk. -Four
I stare at the text for a long time. I finally reply:
Meet me tomorrow at my house. So we can "talk". -Tris
I put my phone on my desk and fall asleep.

A/N: Tell me how you like my fanfic so far and thanks for reading! :)