Chapter 47

Thank you so much Taqi-Writer for helping me out in this Chapter. I couldn't have even known or explained all these issues as you did to me so easily. So, Thank you thank you so much once again. I'm really thankful to you...and All the very best for your exam 👍

Love ya...😘😘

"It's okay Doctor, I'm strong enough to know what is the cause behind my sickness" I gave her a confident smile but on the inside I was scared to hear the result.

"You're suffering from Uterine Myomas". She said.

My fingers automatically gripped my  handbag tighter and the smile on my withered lips drained faster than my morning coffee.

"Wha-what do you me-mean by Uterine Myomas? What is it?" My lips trembled as I asked.

"Uterine Myomas is also called Leiomyomas which is basically a formation of fibroids in the endometrial walls of uterus. Due to these fibroids formation you have a terrible pain during your menses and heavy flow." She spoke so eloquently.

Her eyes were a warm brown- the kind that reminds you of all things soft and sweet.

"There should be a solution for all this? I'm sure there must be a way to stop all this?" I asked

"The only solution to stop all this is you need to get pregnant soon." She said ever so simply.

The news passed through me like a hurricane.

"What??? What do you mean? God forbid if any woman suffers this myomas something, she has to get pregnant, as a solution to this? What if the girl is unmarried?" This was unbelievable.

"Not all fibroids needs a women to get pregnant but your case is a different where you need to concieve as soon as possible. And your pregnancy hormones will eventually heal your fibroids and we will also give you side treatment too." She explained everything in words even my Adeel could understand.

"Listen dear, if you don't conceive soon there is 99% chances that you wont conceive again. If you both make it soon then you would have less flow and pain will reduce too." For the most part I understood what was going on and periodically she would stop to address me directly, to explain the next procedure and what its purpose was.

It was oddly comforting to be treated so much like a child, yet all along I felt in control, like all I had to do was whisper "stop" and they would. After saying thank you and good bye, I went out.

I felt emotionally bankrupt. There was nothing left to feel, nothing left to say, but the void that enveloped my mind swirled in blackness. Before I lose my balance, I sat down on one of the chairs, holding the handle of it. My hopes and dreams were annihilated with the stroke of a pen.

I place my hand on my chest, I can still feel the frigid cold surrounding my heart so I know it’s there, but lately I can’t feel it beating anymore. I can no longer feel anything as strongly as I did. I am afraid of going completely numb, but I am also afraid of feeling. Because, quite frankly; feeling hurts.

Feeling is what makes you go numb in the first place. Every breath I take now is filled with the icy air of my heart. It pains me so much as it spreads the cold blood through my veins. The coldness of my heart blurs my vision, rimming everything in red. I feel angry. I could punch a hole in a wall and turn a table over. But I can’t, I simply sit there, letting the numbness and anger take me.

I don't know for how long I sat there or should I say I stared at the blank wall, it was Adeel who brought me out of my daze. It was as if he was calling me, calling me back home. All the emotions that I was feeling before was gone. As if someone has stole all the treasure I had leaving me with nothing so that I could sleep properly without being worried of getting anything stolen.