Chapter 7

Today is my wedding day. Weird, right? Not weird in a bad way, weird in a “this is a really important day” kind of way.  I’ve thought about my wedding day for pretty much ever. So to be able to say, “Today is my wedding day”. This day in particular is the most important one yet (aside from the day I was born. . . that one was pretty good too). But like most brides on their wedding day, I’m ready for it. Because guess what? I don’t have a choice! It’s here. It’s happening. I’m getting married today!

I know I’m making the right decision. I’ve known since day one (OK maybe day two). But weddings naturally come with so much pressure, it’s inevitable. Because forever is kind of a long time, so getting it right is important. Even if you’re absolutely 100 percent sure that this is the person you are going to spend the rest of your years with, there’s still a chance you will think to yourself for one teeny tiny second, “Hey self, are you sure?” If the answer is unequivocally yes — proceed. If it's no then okay may be next time.

I wish she was here.

She would have loved to see me on my wedding day. I wish she could help me get ready and see me in my dress. I miss her today (and every day).

Time was running by, can't someone slow down the day?

My wedding dress lay perfectly on my bed. It was her dress and because of that reason everyone has asked gazillion times that I'm sure or not. And I was hundred percent sure enough, there was my, one particular dress, that brought tears. I still couldn’t believe that she wasn't here to share the moment.

Mama asked me to join her for breakfast. The serene joy in her demeanor calmed the flurry of emotions in my soul. But I was in no mood for breakfast so I declined her politely. She understood and then left me alone not after saying that my hair dresser and the make up artist would be here soon.

Soon my hair dresser came and put my hair in a bun. My make up artist did my make up. I have literally begged her to not to put much make up but still I could feel the weight of the make up. After finishing up my make up she told me to wear the dress. I picked up the dress slowly and went in the bathroom.

The dress was red and had silver studs all over it. It was a long flowing dress. After wearing it I came out and the make up artist safely pinned the dupatta on my head so that not an inch also of my hair could be visible. I wanted to wear hijab underneath my dupatta but everyone told me that the dupatta is too heavy and I have to sit for hours so it's better to put dupatta and reluctantly I had to agree.

"Masha Allah, you're looking very pretty" Mama said as she came in.

"Masha Allah bhabhi, I'm sure you'll give a tough time to bhai" Zarine said.

"Zarine, call me by my name" I told her.

"But-"

"Please" I requested.

"It's time, they're here. Oh my!! Masha Allah Hanya you're looking very pretty." Aunty said and hugged me.

In a blink I became from Miss.Hanya Qureshi to Mrs.Hanya Zain Abdullah. If the situation would have been vice versa, right now I would have been beaming with happiness. Zarine and Sanjh helped me in getting inside the car. Soon, we reached and they helped me in sitting on the dias.

Mama came and announced that the gents were coming and I forgot to breathe.

Zain POV

It was very hard for me to say Qubool hai thrice. Every time I tried to say, her face flashed. After a lot of effort, I told. Everyone congratulated me but all I could hear was her voice laughing and calling my name.

Dad came and told us that it was now time for us to go to the venue and my heart skipped a beat. How will I face her? In a blink our relation changed...what we were and what we have become now!! Will I be able to give her of what she deserves and moreover will I be able to give her a place in my heart? Oh my!! What we have done? We both have tied ourselves in that relationship, where there's no scope for us!!

Before I could catch my breath, it was time for me to enter. I walked but I could not see her. Her friends had formed a semicircle around her, obstructing my view of her to heighten the surprise — and that they did. When they parted, I saw the most beautiful young woman wearing a smile as she greeted everyone.

Yes, she was wearing her dress but it would be difficult for me to say who look more beautiful? This is for sure that her place can no one take but this is a big step that she took or should I say she sacrificed her life and carrier for us? As I took steps my mind took me backward.

Flooding my mind were pictures of that girl I’d helped in her studies, the one I drove to her college, the girl that graduated from college and joined Uni... where did the time go? I do not know what will I say to her. I was trying to hold it together for both of us so that she wouldn’t get teary. So, I just stood there for a short time in the middle of the pathway, breathing hard and trying  taking in all, in under her gaze.

I have had many horrible and meaningful experiences in my life, but none of them compared to this moment.

As I again started walking, I felt like I was reliving every minute, that I had shared once. I had dreaded this moment for months, but now it had arrived. A tear left my right eye, and I quickly wiped it away before anyone could notice. I went and stood beside her. Everyone started cheering and clapping. She gave everyone a big smile while I noticed her unshed tears that were sparkling in her eyes.

Another moment we both dreaded was to pose for the pictures. We gave poses but we both were maintaining distance. Everyone was taking our pictures and we both were smiling hiding all our pain.

The photographer called us as Mr. and Mrs. Abdullah, to give him a pose. Her breath hitched while I choked. It sounded foreign. She is my wife. She was now my responsibility. It was all true, just, normal and natural.

Assalamualaikum my beautiful readers. How are you all?? I hope you all are enjoying my new story??

Why am I not getting enough votes and comments??
I want to hear your response...

Do tell me what you feel about the story and keep voting and commenting guys.

Love you all...