Chapter 11

After praying fajar, I went down in the kitchen to make myself a cup of coffee. In the kitchen there were all types of cupboards and shelving on both sides. A small sink and drainboard are set on the south wall of the room. The kitchen is a simple room with a large service chimney on the west wall and a sink and drainboard on the east side of the room.

The walls in the kitchen are finished with horizontally laid painted beadboard. The small work and supply room is entered from the kitchen and the dining room with doors to the east and west respectively. The basement can be reached from the interior by a door and set of steps in the northwest corner of the kitchen area.

After making myself familiar with the kicthen, I took out everything and kept aside. I don't know when he will go to office or what will he eat? And on top of that we argued last night!!! I heard a door click, and he came in. He was wearing grey sweatpants with a black sweatshirt.

"Assalamualaikum" I said softly.

"Walekumasalam" he replied.

"Coffee??" I asked.

"Yeah..." he said and went to the dining room.

After making coffee, I also went in the dining room and sat down opposite to him.

"You'll be going to office?" I asked.

"Yeah..." he replied and then silence felled upon us.

"Hanya?" He called.

"Hmm?" I said not looking at him.

"I'll be always greatful to you, for what you've done for Adeel" he said.

"He's a part of me, it's the least I can do for him" I said.

"Still..JazakAllah." he said and left.

After cleaning the kitchen, I went up to my room. I was just walking in my room when I heard his cry. I rushed to his room and saw him crying. I went to his side and picked him up in my arms and slowly started rocking him. He's still in his sleep. After Sometime he slept on my lap holding my finger.  

His smile was as sweet as a summer strawberry and filled me with a sunshine I never knew existed in the world. I'll never regret my discussion. And just then the washroom door opened, I sucked in a sharp breath as his shirtless torso was exposed to me.

Gawking wouldn't quite describe my state. I was shocked, stunned, flabbergasted. 
It was like nothing I've ever seen before. He had a chiseled chest and the skin on it was glowing healthily. His abdominals were sculptured to perfection as his six-packs popped, instantly giving off the impression that he came out of a Calvin Klein shoot.

He cleared his throat and instantly I came out of my trance!!

"Umm.. I..I..was here....ummm" I continued stammering.

"It's okay...I heard him crying!!" He said, I turned and started walking towards the door when he stopped me.

"Hanya..."

"Hmm??" I turned

"Mom, has called us. Relatives and friends are coming..don't worry!! Only closed one's who knows..." he said going through his wardrobe.

"Need help??"

"Umm..yeah??" He said rubbing his neck. "Can't find my white shirt".

I start looking for it, he suddenly bends down and I could feel his soft breath. "Here, there it is!!" He said suddenly and I blinked!! I followed his gaze and picked up his shirt but I couldn't remove my gaze!! Why?? Because right beside this shirt there was all her favorite shirts and the one's she gave to him.

I quickly took a step back. How can I come to his room?? It's not my place...I married him for a reason...!! I should always remember this. I started walking back, he was looking at me.

"I'm sorryyy...I shouldn't have come" I said with tears forming in my eyes. I turned but then I saw their pic, which was framed and was hanging on the wall, which I missed to notice.

"I shouldn't have come...I shouldn't" I kept on saying as I ran from his room, ignoring his calls.

It was now six in the evening and I need to get ready. Aunty, has already send the dress and literally forced me to wear that dress only. It was an all over ivory white lacy dress with puffs at the end. It also had a ribbon which had a bow in it. I quickly wore it and the matching jewellery. Did my makeup and pinned my hijab securely.

I walked down the stairs and saw him standing at the main door, lazily going through his cell. He was wearing a black tux, sure he was looking handsome, with his hair neatly combed. He was leaning on the door by his back and his legs were crossed as he scrolled up and down something in his cell.

I internally laughed, what we were just few months back and what we are now? How can fate be this cruel with him?

I went near him and cleared my throat. He looked at me for a second without any emotion.

"Shall we?" He asked. I nodded. As he started walking, I looked around. I couldn't find Adeel. Where was he? Is he already in the car?

"He is already gone with Samya" he said suddenly. I again nodded. The whole ride we were silent. I was looking outside the window and he was concentrating on his driving.

Yes, I was sitting at the back, like always.

Suddenly I was jerked forward.

"Allah" I muttered.

"Sorry..." he said looking from the rearview mirror, stopping the car. "Got hurt?" He asked.

"No" I said slowly.

"Can you come and sit in the front. We are about to reach." He said.

I thought for a while and then I looked up. He was intensely staring at me. We kept on staring at each other for a while. He got out of the car and I got confused. He came to my side and opened the door, my heart was going crazy. I slowly stepped out not knowing what else to do. All the while we both were quiet. I closed the door and he opened the passenger side door.

I inhaled deeply and was now looking straight into his eyes which had so many emotions in them but still you can't make out, one emotion also.

How did he knew, that my answer was Yes??
Is this the marriage bond, that she use to always say, where you don't have to say anything and the other person already knows it!! But this happens only, when you're in love...but we sure were not in love.

I quietly sat and he closed the door. He came and sat down. I was still looking at him. Have I gone mad? Yeah, sure I am...I was about to ask him when he -

"Please, don't ask anything." He said softly and my heart skipped a beat.