Sneak Peak!: Trouble's Past

THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!! PLEASE READ!!!

Most people won't read this but this is what's up and it's important to know,

THE PART YOU ARE ABOUT TO READ takes place while Emerald is being snatched away to dance with her friends which happens in the part called "Playing With Fire" which is two parts ahead of this one that your reading!

So if your confused at all this is why, I'm hoping that readers will be able to piece the details together fine but this was a sneak peak in the first place meant to tide over readers and hint at what was to come,

NEVERTHELESS!!!

This is an important part to our story and you shouldn't skip it, if anything you can ignore "Sneak Peak: Troubles Past" and "Troubles Past Continued" and go straight for "Playing With Fire" BUT YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST read "Troubles Past" and "Troubles Past Continued" after, though it doesn't matter if you read the "Troubles Past" parts now.

Thank you. (^w^)

* * * * *

Sara stood with the rest of the crowd applauding her friends shinning show of grace and beauty. Their wasn't a man in that room that wasn't looking at Emerald right then.

A familiar twinge of jealousy shot through Sara's heart but it was gone before she even had any time to really mull over it.

Seeing a star struck waiter next to her she took the opportunity to grab two glasses of a light pink bubbling champagne, quickly downing the first she set it back on the tray lightly like it had never been missed, before sipping more delicately on the second.

"You would think the champagne was water." A voice teased behind her. Sara turned ready to make an oh-so-witty snap back of her own when she felt her throat close at the sight before her.

With an effort she managed to choke out the word,

"You."

"Me." He said matter-of-factly.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Sara asked with barley managed civility belied only by the harsh edge of rage seeping into her voice seeming to ooze out of her very pores. The entirety of Sara's fury directed at this audacious cad before her swelled dangerously inside her belly heating her blood to a boil. Here he was, standing before her looking arrogant and completely unaffected by the death glare she was pinning him down with, like bit to long ago he hadn't had a hand in the complete and utter destruction of one very special person Sara held dearer than her own life.

Emerald...

"I was invited by an old friend." He paused for a moment, as if to wonder why he had even bothered to reveal himself before deciding undeterred to continue. His next sentence dripped of implied sarcasm though the tone in his voice spoke like a cool observation at the weather outside rather than giving nothing away; "It's not against the law for me to be here you know." He said barley concealing a smirk from her.

"It should be." Sara spat at him, but he wasn't paying attention to her anymore and instead was quite as he stared like all the others around them, watching the same girl everyone else so obviously was, Emerald. It was not hard to guess.

Sara saw that Emerald had switched from her fathers arms and was now being lead away by Freddy and Harry from her father and a man Sara could tell even from here was handsome, he looked like he had jumped straight out of a painting for Apollo. Snapping out of her revier Sara glanced back over towards her unexpected company and was surprised to see that he was gone.

Xerxes had disappeared crawling back to whatever hole he had come from.