Daddy's Girl

* * * * *

Ciro was trying not to sweat balls in front of Angelo as he took his seat at the head of the table, the twins fidgeted in their seats glancing at Angelo from time to time before finding something more interesting to look at in the room… like the ceiling, or a piece of lint on their shirts. Only Ren, Dante, and Michael looked cool and undisturbed by the man in front of them.

“Your Fathers would not be proud to see their sons reduced to such sissies in front of an old man like myself.” Angelo drawled reclining in his padded leather chair with all the ease of a tiger. 

Oh right because he was just like any other ordinary old man, Ciro mumbled sarcastically in his head. 

Ren cleared his throat and pushed off the wall to take a seat by Angelo’s right hand, Michael already being in the left.

“Welcome back from America.” He stated turning towards Angelo, leaning into his own chair casually.

Angelo was not amused. “I need no welcome Lorenzo only a briefing. Ciro!” He barked. 

“You are to handle the finances, keep track of everything, I want as little of it done electronically and insist it is instead done on paper. You will be taking on quite a lot I suggest you and Felix work together.” Angelo started. 

“Michael you will continue running the popular hotspots we own. Do not let anything come under suspicion from them and keep children away from the door, those are the safest places we can most publically do business without suspicion.” Micheal nodded understanding. 

“Leo your in charge of handling the business deals that happen inside those areas and making sure all goes smooth without hitch, Felix will help as backup for you as well when he’s not helping Ciro.” Angelo looked up from a pile of papers he had been reading directing his emotionless gaze at Ren. 

“Lorenzo and Dante. You will be my two main enforcers. It will be your job to collect and send… gifts, to all of our friends. You will have the rest of your gang to help as backup should you need any help enforcing something. Lorenzo, Michael, Ciro, Dante, Leo, and Felix.” Angelo said to the handsome mob of men gathered around him. 

“Do. Not. Fail. Me.”

Suddenly a sharp wail broke the deathly silence. Angelo frowned before pulling out his phone.

“Yes?” He said to the caller stiffly. An awkward quite settled in the room again as he listened to the caller talk.

“I see. Ok. Yes. Have fun.” Ciro nearly swabbed his ears with his finger as he heard Angelo say the word fun noticing his voice grow gentle and peacefully calm towards the caller. “Alright, Bye.” With that Angelo snapped the phone shut and looked to the men again.

“Who was that?” Dante ventured to ask bravely. Angelo lifted his head from his phone to look at him, staring at him like a piece of rotten meat. He looked as if he was debating on telling them or not. Finally coming to an internal conclusion Angelo shrugged his shoulders coolly.

“My daughter.” He said simply, the pack froze. Angelo had a daughter? Well this was news to them.

“The meeting is adjourned, resume your regular activates and enjoy them for tonight. You will be contacted in the morning to further the instructions on the new roles you play now that I’m back in Italy.” The pack all stood up, chairs scrapped against the concrete with shrill screams of protest, as they turned to leave Angelo spoke up one last time.

“Oh and gentlemen?” The boys quieted. “Stay away from my daughter.” Angelo stood from his chair and strolled out of the room, he hadn’t needed to say ‘or else’ it was simply implied. The boys shuddered as they looked ready to shit bricks. How would they know what a miniature female Angelo was supposed to look like!?