To The Gala

* * * * *

“Do you still have their numbers?” Sara asked as they made their way to Emeralds room again.

“Yeah, I think I got Kira’s number sometime last night.” Emerald said as she opened her door.

“Make sure you ask her to invite everyone else from last night to!” Sara said excitedly.

“That’s the plan.” Emerald felt a happy smile grace her lips as Sara’s infectious excitement settled into her very pores.

Emerald grabbed her phone from out of a pile of hazardously thrown clothes scattered on her floor. She turned it on waiting for the screen to light up and then typed in Kira’s name to see that she did in fact have her contact listed from last night. 

Emerald dialed the number and waited for the ringing to stop. Sara meanwhile flopped on Emeralds bed in the background, sighing content as the soft goose down pillows graced her fall with their ridiculously soft cushion.

The ringing stopped as someone picked up.

“Hello?” A groggy Australian accented voice said from the other side of the line. It was well past afternoon and Emerald didn’t blame her friend one bit for still being asleep, if Emerald had a choice she would probably be doing the same thing as Sara who had started to snore on the bed.

“Kira, it’s me Emerald. We met at the club last night to Cotton Eye Joe?” They really had met to that song. Emerald remembered laughing with Kira at how the Dj had made a fluke in the playlist and something out of a high school semi formal like that had come on instead of the usual sexy grind-on-me club beats.

“Emerald!? Is that you!? Omg! Thank God I gave you my number! You guys left before I could ask you if you wanted to hang out again latter! Everybody misses you from our little crew last night!” Kira laughed fully awake now.

“Yeah I was worried I didn’t get your number too, I’m so glad that I do!” Emerald laughed happy to see that Kira and her ‘crew’ missed her just as much as she missed them. Sara called out a halfhearted ‘Hi’ in the background still on top of the bed.

“Sara says hi.” Emerald told Kira.

“Hi Sara!!” Kira screamed through the phone, Emerald winced then repeated it back at a lower volume to Sara.

“So what do you think?” Kira asked Emerald.

“Think about what?” Emerald was confused, had she missed something?

“Hanging out!” Kira sighed frustrated.

“Oh! Yeah me and Sara wanted to invite you and the crew over to dinner tonight, actually!” Emerald said remembering the reason she was calling in the first place.

“That sounds amazing! But… Well Freddy’s family is pretty up there and they’re throwing a little gala tonight and its supposed to be like the party of the season and Freddy and Harry really wanted you both to come! Do you think we can do a rain check on the dinner and go to the party instead? I’m sorry! We would all totally go to the diner if we didn’t already have plans! Please don’t be mad!” Kira sounded close to tears and Emerald tried to calm her high-strung new friend as she ‘shushed’ her soothingly.

“Oh hun, I’m not mad at you! The dinner is no big deal I just wanted to see you guys again! Sara and I would be thrilled to go to Freddy’s Gala! Especially Sara.” Emerald giggled calming Kira a little further with that said. The dinner really was no big deal and the party sounded way more fun anyway. Emerald was ready to burst with excitement.