Chapter 4: Slumber Party!

"Wait! Wait! Wait!!! Gimme a sec and don't you DARE start with out me Em!!" Sara shouted at Emerald and the rest of the group from downstairs in the kitchen. There was a loud clattering of plates as Sara banged around in Freddy's pantry cabinets, completely at home with herself here despite it not being her own house, or Emeralds for that matter. From way off in the distance the sound of thunder that roared like lions was accompanied by its blinding partner lightning. Lighting up the dark skies of the night brilliantly with a song and dance of chaos.

Freddy didnt seem to mind the heaving weather or that Sara had just helped herself to literally all the snacks she could find as he helped Sara carry the goods back upstairs. One floor up from the ball room and kitchen the largest lounge in the house had been converted into a make-shift sleeping area that had been deemed acceptable by everyone as the designated sleepover room for tonight.

Freddy had told them that none of the bedrooms available would have been able to fit the whole gang comfortably. Using his words he had claimed the group would have ended up like Jenga blocks placed on top of each other. Harry had nodded his confirmation to this solemnly, ignoring the looks the group all gave them. The very idea that the gang would be cramped like packaged Sardeens seemed ridiculous to Emerald, who had seen for herself during the party, just how large this place was.

She raised a questioning eyebrow at the boys along with the other girls but decided against saying anything as they were all led to an expansively gigantic, warm, homey parlor in the center of the house.

All of the parlors furniture had been removed for the time being, just especially for the sleepover, and in it's place games and snacks of all kinds were left instead, complete with a homemade theatre using an old projector Hanna had dug up in Freddy's attic. Electric candles and the soft glow of vintage Tiffany's glass lamps lit the room where huge fluffy sleeping bags littered the floor. Apparently when Kira had said "Sleepover at my place," what she really meant was sleepover at Freddy's.

The party had ended awhile ago and anyone that had managed to still linger had been politely shown out. At that point in the night some guests had stayed well after the birthday candles were extinguished. Only when the house was finally clear did the groups 'after party' commence.

The whole gang was here, Kira, Hanna, Fiona, Freddy, Harry, Sara and Emerald. They had all stayed for the "After-Party Sleepover!" Harry had practically squealed clapping with delight. Freddy who had been just as excited and had practically shoved the group all into the parlor he had prepared for them beforehand, bouncing on the balls of his feet as he chattered about how happy he was everyone was here.

They had all only known each other for a few days but an undeniable bond was forming between them all as they connected to each other in ways you would think only close siblings could.

If you could believe it, none of them were much older then Emerald and Sara. Emerald had been especially ecstatic about this piece of information. It was always a relief to have friends ones own age and everyone was so much more relatable that way.

Kira had confessed to everyone that night at the Sleepover that she had known one of the bouncers at The Cavern and that's how she had gotten her sisters and herself in despite the fact they were all underage like Sara and Emerald had been.

"Whoa- whoa- whoa! Back up! You know Tall, Buff, and Ugly from back at the club?" Sara had accused.

Kira nodded sheepishly scratching her firey hair as her cheeks had flushed to match the color. "Yeah, he totally used to like me before he found out how old i was." Kira admitted.

Sara, Freddy, Harry, and Emerald had all gasped scandalously as they joined Kira's sisters in their laughter on Kira's behalf.

Sara whipped away imaginary tears still trying to contain herself. Kira noticing this, growled at her for mocking and pushed Sara over so that she rolled ungracefully on top of a discarded sleeping bag. Sara squeaked surprised at Kira's sudden attack leading the group to another bout giggles as they all hiccuped trying to stop.