Chapter 2: Good Morning

THANKS FOR WAITING SO LONG FOR THIS NEW CHAPTER!

I MADE SURE TO MAKE IT A LONG AND INTRESTING ONE,

REMEMBER TO VOTE, COMMENT, AND FAN!

THNK U!!!

* * * * *

The cab pulled up the long gravel driveway making it's way past rows of enchanted forest like trees. Dawn had started to peek itself out of the starry twilight, showering the world in warm early morning sunlight. Gentle rafts of orange yellow light broke through the thick foliage of the trees to create soft patterns on the grass like stain glass windows.

Angelo stood leaning casually against his door on top of the stairs of his house, waiting for the cab to stop in front of him patiently.

He looked like a hot mess even for someone his age. At 45 Angelo was still a highly attractive man, chiseled jaw, piercing frosty blue eyes, and a gravely voice that could make your knees weaken. Had it not been for his patented glare and frozen rigid personality maybe people would actually stop steering clear of him so obviously.

This morning he looked especially tired though. His once finely pressed white t-shirt was crumpled and creased in every which way, his dark wash jeans no better, and his salt and pepper black hair was disheveled messily, having seen his anxious hands comb through them firsthand one to many times that night.

Angelo had been in his study all night filling out "important" paperwork, late into the night and then early on into the wee hours of morning, when his phone rang informing him, the guards at the front gate confirmed his daughter was finally home.

He of course had not been waiting for his beautiful 19-year-old daughter to come home from a harmless night out with her best friend like an overprotective father would have done.

Nooo! Defiantly not him Angelo thought sarcastically as he near sprinted towards the halted cab in front of him.

Angelo peeked into the clear glass windows of the cab, checking to see if his daughter was safe, only to find himself chuckling as he saw her and her best friend Sara curled up next to each other sound asleep.

With their hands gripping each other's tightly, Sara had her head lent comfortably on Essie's shoulder, and Essie's own head on top of Sara's. The girls looked peaceful as they snored quietly, snuggled together warm and content on the plush backseat of the cab. They must have been exhausted from last night's escapade Angelo thought fondly turning to the driver. He wrapped his knuckles on the front window and the cabby rolled down his window.

"Boun giorno, I take it these two are yours?" The cabby asked politely, tipping his coffee stained fedora at Angelo with respect.

"Si, allow me take them off your hands." Angelo motioned for a near by grounds guard to come over to the car.

"Take Sara to Esmeralda's room and make sure to have some of the maids get them out of their clothes and into some Pj's." Angelo ordered. He turned back to the cabby again.

"How much do I owe you?" Angelo turned again to ask the man, the cabby frowned and shook his head 'no'.

"No no no, a bello paid their fair when they left." (Handsome man) The cabby said. "Gave me quite the tip to."

"Capisco... Grazie signore." (I see) With that Angelo opened the backseat door and lifted his daughter out of the car as easily as carrying a baby. He noticed a piece of paper and a rose in the backseat, Angelo had a feeling he knew what it was but took it anyway just in case Emerald wanted it.