13 | Old Flame

CLAUDETTE'S POV

"Is it true that you're living with the Chairwoman? And is it true that your husband leaves you for Amber Monolith?" Just where did Bianca heard all of this?

Sometimes I wonder how did these type of news even spread among office worker.

"Yes and yes." There's no need for me to hide anything from her.

She's my only friend here. Well, our bosses said they're my friend but, come on! I can't just tell everyone about that. They will call me a snob.

"I'm guessing you already pick Jonathan from school?" I was surprised when I heard the chairwoman's voice behind me. I nearly choke on my food even!

"Yes, I did." I watched as Eloise took a seat in front of us. Bianca was speechless when the chairwoman decided to join us for lunch.

"How's the car? Any problem?" I shake my head. I drive an Aston Martin, I don't think they would be any problem for such expensive car.

"That's great. Bianca right? If you keep on hanging your mouth like that, you'll ruin your food with your own drool." She pointed out. I have to nudge her side just to get her back.

She finished up her croissants and tea before handed me a ... phone?

"This is your new phone

"This is your new phone. I will call this number whenever I need you." But ... I have my own phone though. Should I just decline?

"I have my own phone." I was about to pull out my phone but she smiled.

"Just ... take it, okay?" I slowly nodded.

"Good. Anyway, I won't be home tonight. Please tell Heidi that she doesn't need to spare me any food." I nodded.

She stood up and gave me a little peck on my lips. It was quick but it made my lips quiver. What the hell was that?!

"Whenever we're in the office or in public together, we're lovers, remember that, my trophy girlfriend." She whispered before bidding us both goodbye. I watched her go until she disappeared by the cafeteria entrance.

By now, everyone in the cafeteria is staring at me for what just happened.

"Are you for real? I thought that you haven't been going to court for the divorce yet. You're practically married to someone, girl! You were just kissed by our chairwoman!" Bianca was shocked!

"I ... well ... looks like we're ... together." I looked away from Bianca since ... I don't have any choice but to agree to her terms. Me and my curse ways of doing things. Why didn't I read the whole agreement before signing it?!

"What ... so you were cheating as well? And with the chairwoman? Well, I am not judging you but ... wow ... you never told me .. not even a single thing! And here I thought we're already best friend." If I did tell you, God knows what she'll do to me or my daughter.