t w o.

Its 5am on a Saturday, usually I wouldn’t be up this early but there is a squealing doll right beside me. I put my head under my blankets trying to escape the noise. I knew I would have to get up soon but it is too cold and I am tired. The doll didn’t stop it just carried on squealing. I sat up and rubbed my eyes and noticed that Jai was right beside me; we both ended up sleeping on the floor. “Jai, can you get the stupid doll” He rolled over and looked up at me. “No.” I rolled my eyes and got up and grabbed the doll and took it out into the kitchen. I took out a bottle and started to feed it. It still cried. “What is wrong with you, why the fuck are you still crying, just drink your milk” I have a feeling we could fail this assignment. I changed the babies’ nappy and sat it in front of the TV.  Titanic was on, the baby stopped crying. I think I might shut my eyes a bit.

I felt someone shake my shoulder, “Sophia, wake up” I opened my eyes quickly and saw Beau above me. “Your baby is dead” omg, really? I failed the assignment already. It hasn’t even been a day. “Ah, well” I looked beside me and noticed the baby sleeping. “It’s only sleeping you fool,” I laughed. He poked at it. “No, I am pretty sure it’s dead.” I laughed at him. “No, It’s a doll. It isn’t supposed to move when you poke it and don’t poke it, I don’t want it awake.” He smiled at me. “Youresecute” I looked up at him. “What?” he looked down. “Ah, never mind”.

Jai then came out of nowhere and jumped on the couch right beside me “What are you guys doing?” I crossed my legs and turned my body towards Jai. “Nothing” I said looking at Beau. Beau grabbed his keys and walked towards the door. “I’m going to go get breakfast, anyone want to come?” I stood up. “Yeah I’ll come” Jai stood up as well. “Wait, why are you going with him?” I looked at him confused. “Because I want to” I walked towards Beau. “But when you were younger you were always scared of Beau” Beau laughed. “You were scared of me?” I blushed and shrugged my shoulders. I wasn’t scared of him. I just kind of liked him. I liked him more than a friend. I didn’t want the twins to know because they would tease me for the rest of my life. “Well, who is coming? Breakfast is going to be over soon.” Beau said crossing his arms. “I’m coming, shotgun front seat,” I said walking out the door. “I’ll come to then,” Jai said angrily. What the hell is that kids problem. I jumped into the front seat of Beau’s car and put on my seat belt. “You like him don’t you?” Jai said whispering in my ear. “No, why do you care anyway?” I said turning red. Beau then looked at us. “What do you guys want for breakfast?” he said starting the car. “What?” I said not listening. “McDonalds it is” he said laughing.