Chapter 18

"I'm going to higher places... just watch me!!"  
Kirihara Akaya

The Empress | Chapter 18

While the beauty was away, it seems like she missed an important match. The match between Keigo Atobe and Kanata Irie.

In the dimmed room, Fuyuki watched the pre-recorded tape. Her eyes narrowed at the blond actor.

Atobe managed to return what seemed like an impossible shot in his condition and yelled, "I'll keep my promise, Tezuka!" before crashing against the wall. His back hit the cement hard.

"What? It's over?" Kanata looked on before sighing, "Man, I'm impressed." he dropped his racket before holding his left shoulder. "I can't lift my shoulder anymore."

"As neither players can continue, the match is abandoned." the umpire announced.

Fuyuki smirked before leaning back on her rolling chair. Something told her that the blond lied. Which was confirmed when she watched the camera footage of Kanata lifting his shoulder to catch the water bottle thrown his way.

The next game she watched was Oni vs someone the girl didn't even bother remembering from Court 3. The giant didn't even give up a single point nor did he use any special move. Just like Irie, Oni's much more skilled than his court number suggests. But, the beauty wondered why they were hiding it. She hummed under her breath.

That concluded the match between Court 5 and Court 3.

Now, Liliadent Crauza vs Kirihara Akaya.

  * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *  

Poke.

Poke.

Poke.

Kirihara felt something press against his cheek. Groaning, he rubbed that spot before rolling over.

Poke.

The male slapped it away with furrowed brows.

Poke.

"Ugh..." he finally opened an eye to see what it was.

.

.

.

A beautiful angel was staring at him with innocent hazel eyes.

Thinking it's part of his dream, the boy pulled her on his bed and pressed her against his chest before closing his eye. He slipped back to sleep contently; all the training was taking a toll on his body.