Chapter 13

"Hold me gently."
Frei Fuyuki

The Empress | Chapter 13

At the Rikkai Dai's table, Yukimura, Yagyu, Marui, and Kirihara were all keeping an eye on the beauty. From the moment she walked in with her butler. Especially Yukimura, who felt like the girl was hiding something. He could tell that there was much more to the girl than meets the eyes. When he had talked about Ryoma, she felt distant. The Demi-God wanted to see what the girl was so keen on hiding but at the same time, he wanted her to openly talk to him. It was a conflicting feeling. Yukimura also wanted to ask her about the red Camellias, but he knew better than to discuss it in front of his teammates. There was also the fact that when the beauty calls him 'Seiichi' so sweetly, he has a hard time controlling his facial expression to be calm and collective. He wasn't exactly used to the fairer sex calling his first name like that.

Yagyu always knew if he were to talk to the beauty some more, he would fall for her. As a gentleman, he had always known what type of girl he likes, a chaste girl; pure and innocent. Someone who studies hard and gives everything to achieve their goal. Although he has yet to inquire about her study habits—he has yet to talk to the girl one-on-one—she gives him the impression of someone pure. Her beautiful appearance certainly helps with the image. Long dark hair and deep hazel eyes. Her foreign features were clear as day and it didn't take a genius to know how popular she is among the boys in the camp. Though he supposes that being the only girl helps. But even if she wasn't the only girl in the camp, Yagyu had a strong feeling she would be just as popular—the beauty was a lot of boys' type of girl. Now, although Yagyu was interested in her, he wasn't blind enough to see that the girl was close to a certain Seigaku freshman.

Marui was blowing another bubble as his large eyes also follow the girl. He had been watching the girl whenever he had the chance. Like Yagyu, he had a type when it comes to girls. He liked girls who are sweet, quiet, and innocent. Someone who give him food and presents, someone who wears ribbons and feels fashionable is cute. The beauty was the cutest person he has ever seen. She was much better than the models that appeared in magazines and even better than the girls in his school. Sure she was a year older than him, but that wasn't a problem. Whenever he sees the girl, she looks more and more radiant. Her sense of fashion was of the highest quality; whatever she wore was famous brands that would cost all his allowances for sweets and more. She wore ribbons but also dressed sexily. She looks so sweet but he also knew the girl could be intimidating; he saw the way he defended them against the high-schoolers. She was his type and extra. He isn't going to deny himself the chance to least talk to her if the chance occurs.

Kirihara was the only one in the Rikkai Dai table that wasn't looking at her. He felt a certain danger in her presence. It was the same feeling he got when he's in his devil form. Kirihara had first felt it when he saw her during Tezuka's match. He had just turned back for a moment and he saw it. Her eyes had this look and it frightened him. But beneath it, he also saw deep sadness. The Devil was sure the beauty herself didn't realize what she looked like at that moment. He felt conflicted; on one hand, he knew he should stay away, and on the other, he felt like he needed to comfort her. To know her. If only because he felt a certain level of understanding. 

In Shitenhoji's table, Shiraishi felt like a pervert when he saw the beauty again. There was no denying it that the captain was trying his best to not show it. He always tried to be a good example for Shitenhoji's freshman but because Kintarou isn't here, he had made an excuse for himself to stare at her longer than necessary in the grand changing room. For that, he couldn't bear to look her way. Too ashamed of his action.