Chapter 24

"Her tennis is... monstrous yet beautiful."
—Echizen Ryoma

The Empress | Chapter 24

"Whoa," Kotaro Hayama jumped, staring at their new camp gates. The whole place was surrounded by walls followed by trees on both sides of the walls.

The others were equally impressed by didn't quite voice it out as Kotaro did. They simply followed behind their team captain.

Once everyone gathered in front of a small stadium, a middle-aged man stepped in. Beside him, was Aida Kagetora.

"Dad?" The coach of Seirin was surprised to see him here. 

Seeing the surprised look in Riko's eyes, Kagetora grinned. He wanted to go hug his cute daughter but restrained himself; there were many eyes on them.

Seirin finally noticed there were more basketball players than the groups that traveled with them via bus. Some of them included Seiho High, Senshinkan High, Josei High, Fukuda Sogo Academy, Shinkyo Academy.

"Welcome to FREI U-19 Camp." the man greeted, "My name is Omura Kane. I am the head coach of this camp."

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Once the dust cleared out, they saw the beauty narrowing her eyes.

"!!!"

"What..."

"Her hair!"

"Those eyes!"

"Devil Mode?!" Kirihara exclaimed in shock.

Fuyuki's hair had turned blood red and her eyes- they were- scary to say the least. But there was a certain look to it that ensured they couldn't look away. Black pupil, red iris, and black sclera. They looked inhuman as she walked back to her spot on the court. Surprisingly, her skin turned slightly red, unlike Kirihara's noticeable red.

Let me take over, Yuki.

"Again."

Smith flinched under her gaze but performed the same serve: Bio-Magnetism. If only to see what she can do to return it.

The girl returned it with her own and when Smith returned it with another Bio-Magnetism, Fuyuki was able to counter it the way she wanted. She dropped to the ground as the shot approaches her, then enters the air sphere and allows it to carry her. This counter worked because Fuyuki was able to penetrate the exterior of the Bio-Magnetism sphere that would otherwise hit her with the force of a wall. Once inside the sphere, it became significantly less dangerous. But she was also able to return the shot mid-air thanks to the extra strength her new form provided. Along with opening the first gate of a dangerous technique. Her whole right hand and shoulder were covered in black energy as she swung her racket to meet the ball head-on.

Fuyuki knew no matter how much stronger the foreigner's strength was compared to her, he wouldn't be able to counter it so he was forced to run from the ball. And as she expected, the ball completely destroyed the spot where it bounced off of and the wall behind him.

"No way!"

"Wow!"

"Was that... One of Muga no Kyochi*'s three doors, Hyaku Ren Jitoku no Kiwami*?"