Chapter 24

Chapter 24 – Larissa’s POV

            “Louis!” I shriek as he drags me to the rope tie to one of the branches of a tall oak tree at the edge of the lake. Almost a week has pass while we are camping near the most breathtaking lake I’ve ever set my eyes upon and everything seems to be doing alright, from what I’ve known. Well, sort of – Louis is making me use the swing to launch myself into the lake and that’s not something I want to be doing. What if the rope snaps?! “Please don’t make me!” I try to pry my hand free of his strong grip as he continues to drag me. Try being the key word.

            Louis grins, “Come on, kitten! You’re missing out!”

            “No!” Using my feet as leverage, I plant my feet firmly on the ground and the dragging stop. I smile in triumph as my plan works but it’s short-lived as Louis, my gorgeous boyfriend, pulls my hand harder until we’re only a couple of feet away from the tree where the swing is at. “Louis!!” I keep fighting against him but what is a girl to do when the opponent is far stronger? “Cats and water just don’t mix, you know?!”

            “So you finally accept the concept that you’re my kitten?” he asks smugly.

            Don’t want to give him the satisfaction, “NO!”

“That’s too bad.” With one final tug, my body flies forward and he traps me in his arms. Louis’s grip tightens around me as so I can’t move away and he smirks, “Are you ready?” I shake my head vigorously as he holds me close to his side while his other arm holds on tightly to the rope. “Good!” With that he launches both us into the warm water of the lake much to my protest and dismay. We enter with a splash.

 I emerge from the water as fast as I can only swim to where Louis emerges and smacks him repeatedly on his bare chest. “Louis!” He just laughs at me and looking unaffected by me hitting him. “I hate you, I hate you, and I hate you!” I keep on hitting him as he continues to laugh at me, “That was so not funny!” In the end he take hold of both of my arms so I have to look at him directly; his hair is wet and seems darker as it plasters to his forehead, his blue eyes are beaming and he still have that smirk on his face.

“Yes, it is! That was fun!” is all he says as I scowl at him. “Come on, what did I say when we first met? You should smile more often!”

My scowl only deepens, “There’s nothing to smile about.”

“Oh really?” he raise his eyebrows at me, looking dubious. “How about getting to spend an entire week with your handsome boyfriend with no paparazzi around to ruin it?” Giving him a narrowed look, I shake my head playfully while hiding my happiness. It had been a great week but, as usual, I’m not giving him the satisfaction. “Oh? Then how about this?” Pulling my arms he still have a hold of, the space between us lessens as he leans his face to mine with a determined look. My heart rate instantly picks up its pace as his lips move closer to mine and I lean my face up. Just an inch until his lips brush with mine-

“Hey!” a shout from the direction of the camp ground. Taken by surprise, we both break apart to look at Liam who has his arms around Ann’s small waist. “You two better get out of the water, looks like it’s about to rain!” he tells us before walking off. Liam’s wearing a blue plaid buttoned-up shirt that’s only button half-way to reveal a tight black shirt underneath with jeans while Ann’s wearing a baby blue one-piece bikini under her white spaghetti strap with blue flower summer dress with matching blue cardigan. Both of them looking like the happiest couple in the world since we got here.

Louis still has his arms around me as he holds me tight. He leans in to whisper at my ear, “Last one out of the water will do whatever the winner asks for.” With that he begins to swim to the pier – where Niall and Clover are – as fast as he can. As I register what he just said, I begin to swim towards the pier as well. He was already up sitting on the edge as I arrive there with his usual smirk. “I won! You have to do what I say.” He help me up the pier like a perfect boyfriend should do but I frown at him.