Chapter 1

Chapter 1 – Clover’s POV

‘You’re insecure, don’t know what for, you turnin’ heads when you walk through the do-o-or…’ ringed my phone from somewhere in my dorm room. I’ve been searching for my phone for over an hour now and whoever’s calling won’t give up. He/she probably left about 20 missed calls already and would probably be pissed off by now. I’m guessing that it’s probably my best friends – I’m supposed to meet them half an hour ago and I’m running late!

‘…don’t need make-up, to cover up, in the way you are is enough…’ it continued.

“Argh! Where is it?!” I yelled in frustration, raising my hands up. My room is a mess; I threw some clothes around the room and the bed until I couldn’t see the floor anymore, my school stuff is either piled up on the floor or on my study desk and my bed is unmade.

It’s summer; do you blame me for being a bit lazy?

‘…everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you…’  Alright, this is starting to get really annoying. I swear, I might just smash it to the wall once I find for just being so annoying. Overreacting? I know, I can be hot-tempered sometimes. Scratch that, what I meant was all the time. 

‘…baby you light up my world like nobody else-!’ Just then, I saw a purple glint from the corner of my study desk reflected to me from the window, it could only mean one thing – my phone! Their purple glistening surfaces finally grace me with its presence after over an hour of searching. I ran from across the room – jumping above various piles of clothes and books - to retrieve it and take the call.

“WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!” screeched the person, I know immediately it’s my best friend, Larissa Kelly. “Anneliese and I have been waiting forever!”

I rolled my eyes at that statement; leave it Larissa to exaggerate things. “I misplaced my phone, been searching for it. Btw, it’s only been half an hour,” I grinned to the phone.

“Well, that’s a long time to keep us waiting! What happened to being punctual?”

I laughed, “It is summer vacation! I don’t need to because I have no reason to. So why bother wasting my energy when I got all the time in the world? I need some R&R, so everything else is irrelevant.”

“Oh really? What if I tell you that One Direction signing is in an hour?” Well, except for that. “We need to get there ASAP and meet them!” 

I shake my head, hiding my laugh I said, “Relax! We’ve got plenty of time.” I know she’s right but I just love to annoy her - I can’t help it.

I heard her give an exasperated sigh and I chuckled, no longer able to hold it. “Okay, okay. Now that you’ve found your phone, can you just get here already?!”

I look at the wall clock at my room, 9:05am. “Fine, give me 15 minutes.”

“WHAT? NO! You need to hurry up!”

I can’t resist the urge to roll my eyes again. “You guys waited for me for more than half an hour, 10 minutes won’t kill you besides I’m going to walk there.”

“It’s One Direction!”

I shrugged but then remember she couldn’t see me, I said, “So?”

Silence. Here comes the outburst…

“You’ve got to be kidding me, right?!” she yelled so loud that I have held my phone away from my ears. Believe it or not, I could still hear her ranting on the other end but didn’t quite catch what she’s saying.

When she finally calmed down, I put the phone back to my ear. “No, I’m not; I tweet about them just out of boredom, listen to their song everyday cause I despised them and stalk them on twitter cause they’re just plain and ugly. What do you think?” I said, each words dripping with sarcasm.

“Haha. Funny,” she said simply, noting my sarcasm.

“You really need to chill. You don’t want to faint when you finally get to meet Louis Tomlinson, do you?

She sighed, a defeated sigh. I could just imagine her rubbing her forehead right now at my pig-headedness and I smirked. Those two words are like drug to her, after being in love/obsess with him for all these time that’s the magic word to making her calm down and it works every time. “You have to win every argument, don’t you?”

“Yupp!” I said, popping the ‘p’ more than necessary. “See you in a few!”

*****

At Westfield Mall – where One Direction will be doing the signing - I made a stop at a restroom in a nice restaurant I’ve never been to before I go to meet my best friends. They would probably be hysterical right now but I need to check my reflection ay-sap if I’m going to finally meet the boys especially Niall. I swear that boy makes my heart melt but of course I’m never ever going to tell him that. Please, I have some dignity. Checking my watch, it is 9:15am. I got another 5 minutes, I did told her I’d be there in fifteen.

The restroom is nice and clean, thank god! The floor and wall is absent from any dirt or smudge, the room is free of any trash and the smell of orange linger in the air. There’s a mirror hanged on the wall opposite the door, just what I need. There’s a person in the mirror staring back at me; she has a very long wavy side-parted black hair that stops at her mid-back, sharp greyish-blue eyes with long and heavy lashes that is full of excitement, full glossy red lips and her light brown skin looked flushed. Oh my god clover! You really need to get yourself together! I take in a few deep breaths to control my excitement until my skin return to its normal color.

I checked out the clothes I’m wearing; my black sequent top glimmer in the light accompanied by my plain black cardigan that stops just below my ribcage, my lavender skinny jeans stood out nicely against my top and I paired it with a knee-high black leather high-heel boots. I finished the look with an oversize silver hoop earrings and charm bracelet at my left hand with my silver-purple watch. I fix my hair a bit since it got a bit tangled up on the way here and re-do my make-up. “Done,” I said cheerfully, smiling at my reflection.

I look at my watch again, 9:30am. Shit!

Looking at my reflection for the last time in the mirror and placing my make-up back in my oversize lavender handbag, I push open the restroom door and hurry outside to meet my best friends. Forget about Larissa and Anneliese being hysterical, they’re going to strangle me to death if I mess-up their chance to meet One Direction. Hell, I might even encourage them to do it! They’re not the only one looking forward to it. We’ve been planning to go since we first found out about it.

Lost in my thoughts of messing up one of my dream from coming true, on the way to the door I didn’t see the figure coming my way and bump into it. The force of it sends me flying down backwards on my butt; some of my hair made its way to cover half of my face and my handbag lay beside me on the floor. Oh god, why do I have to be so oblivious to where I was going whenever I’m thinking?

“Ahh!” someone said.

“Opps! Sorry,” another person said.

So I just hit two people? Great. Way to go, clover! Lifting myself up, smoothing out my clothes and pushing my hair from my eyes, I said, “I’m so sorry, I wasn’t looking! Are you ok-”. The words coming out of my mouth stop as soon as my eyes lay upon the figures in front of me and continued with, “Oh shit!”