Chapter 19

Chapter 19 – Larissa’s POV

            “What are you thinking babe?” Louis asks and I turn to look at him. We’re sitting on the steps on back porch of the Horan household, over-looking the garden; I’m sitting on a step lower than where he is, leaning my back on him while he wraps his arms around my neck and plays with my hair. I’m wearing a white skinny jean, a simple turquoise top and matching flats with my hair pull up in a high ponytail, still curly. As always, I’m wearing my precious charm bracelet and a simple studded earring.

Louis’s wearing a black shirt with white stripes and dark blue jeans. His hair swept to the side in utter perfection as I always liked it with a grey beanie on top of his head, eyes scanning the details of my face and mouth tug up in a tiny smile. “Babe, you okay?” he asks and I realize I just spaced out.

            Shaking my head to clear my thoughts before looking the garden again, I answer, “Yeah, I’m fine.” The garden’s not really anything big or fancy; there are some nice-looking flowers planted, their aroma intoxicating and it’s nice to see too. “I was just thinking.”

            “About what, kitten?”

            “Everything.”

            Louis stands up only to sit on my side, slinging his arm around my shoulder as I lean on him. “Is there any chance that I’m included in your train of thought?” he smirks, his blue eyes penetrating.

            “You’re always on it and never left,” I smile into his chest. He grins and kisses my forehead affectionately. “Did you ever think that you would ever date a fan?” Louis thinks this for a moment before answering, choosing his words carefully.

            “I’ve never thought about it but yeah, it’s possible.”

            I look up at him, “Really?”

            “Uh-huh, I fell for you, didn’t I?” he grins.

I elbow him in his stomach, “Come on! Be serious for a moment!”

“I am!” Louis laughs, holding me tight. “It’s not my fault I fell in love with you, you tripped me and I fell really, really hard.”

I look down at my hands on my lap, hiding my blush. How does he keep getting that response from me? “What makes me so special?” I grimace at my own question. “I’m not the most beautiful girl nor am I the smartest.

“Everything,” Louis says, pushing back the strands of hair that falls down and obscuring my face. “I love how stubborn you are, how sweet you can be, how you would do whatever it takes to help your best friend and how you would treat me. I can never find that in anyone else and I wouldn’t even want to try,” he says sincerely, looking deep into my eyes until I feel like he could see through my soul. “You don’t love a girl because of her beauty or intelligence, that’s just a bonus. You love her because she sings a song that only you can understand…”

I feel my lips tug into a full smile and takes Louis by surprise when I kiss him deeply. No one has ever said something so beautiful to me before and I feel special in a way. Louis makes me special; the way he would look at me, his smile and when his eyes would have a little twinkle in them as I gaze into them. “You’re amazing, kitten and you deserve to know that every single day,” he says as we break the kiss, smoldering

“Thank you, but why do you keep calling me kitten?” I raise my eyebrows. “I don’t even like cats, afraid of them in fact!” I grimace.

Louis let out a full laugh, throwing his head back. “I don’t know; you’re cute and feisty like a little kitten. How ironic is that?”