Chapter 6

Chapter 6 - Ann's POV

‘I’ve tried playing it cool, but when I’m looking at you, I can’t ever be brave cause you make my heart race…” the music blasted in our dorm room. Leave it to Clover to play it to maximum volume on her laptop and even that’s not enough, she has had to add the speakers. Hence, making it sound even louder. Larissa doesn’t seem to mind and I just don’t have the heart to ask her to lower it. Plus it’s our favorite song.

But after what happened yesterday, whenever I hear Liam’s voice, I couldn’t help recall what how strong his arms feel when he hold me, how his eyes looked deep into mine, his lovely voice and how he rushed to my side just to know my name. Unfortunately, it couldn’t be anything more than just that – he’s just going to be another guy who seems to like me but never be more than that and I’m just going to be some fan he knows the name of. The thought of it make my heart ache and I’ve been acting unlike myself since then.

I don’t know why but I have the feeling that Larissa and Clover have been acting strange as well since the signing. Yes, we did get to go to the signing after all despite each other’s disappearance. After I left Liam, I found Clover at the bench where we were supposed to meet; she was leaning against the bench, eyes close, breathing labored and looking flustered with her oversized lavender purse is on her lap. She didn’t even notice me when I sat down next her until I shook her hand, she jumped, and her eyes opened alertly and calmed down once she realized it was me.  She ran her manicured lavender nails over her long hair, controlling her breathing. I asked her if she’s okay and she just nodded.

Larissa arrived shortly after that; stomping her foot full of anger, her hair tousled – probably from running her hand through it too much – and face flushed that I guess is the result of Clover not appearing earlier but when she’s in front of us, Larissa didn’t get angry at Clover at all. That’s just unlikely since she just about want to strangle anyone that she crosses paths with just before she left me. She just sighed and asked if we could just go to the signing.

We just nodded and went to where the boys have their signing. There are a lot of girls and I mean a lot! I didn’t know if we can even get to them and I was looking forward to meeting Liam again. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a big, tall and hulky guy appeared next to me. “Are you Anneliese?” he asked in his husky voice, so low that I don’t think Clover or Larissa heard over the screams of girls.

“Yes,” I answered, looking confused.

He motioned for me to follow him to the front of the line. “Come with me,” he ordered. I motioned Larissa and Clover to follow me; Larissa looked as confused as I was and Clover looked hesitant. But we followed the guy nonetheless. He led us to the front of the line to meet the boys, earning a lot of glares from the girls. I don’t blame them, I would too if I were them but it wasn’t my choice and I don’t want to refuse.

Only a maximum of 10 girls are allowed to meet the guys for 5 minutes only and next is our turn. Weirdly, only Clover, Larissa and I are the one allowed next. Again, earning us glares from the girls. The whispered things to each other and I’m guessing it’s not something good. I overheard one of them muttered the word ‘bitches’. I rolled my eyes and resisted the urge to glare at the girl but instead I just smiled, making them glared harder if possible. The security was tight so they have no choice but to wait longer.

Oddly, neither Clover nor Larissa acted the way I thought they would. At all.

Larissa who I thought would be giggling happily and cheerfully was scowling at Louis who looked amused at her reaction. But she wasn’t really looking at him with hate in her eyes - the tiny smile she tried to hide proved it – just acting as if she’s playing some kind of joke with him. I’d never thought she’d be that brave but I guess when your finally meeting someone you’ve been waiting to meet for a long time, you’ve got to make the best of it. I thought she’d swoon when Louis said, “Hello, gorgeous! What’s your name?” Larissa smirked and shook her head playfully. “Aww! Come on!” he said, half-joking and half-serious. She giggled a little and finally said, “Larissa.” Louis leaned in and whispered something to her while his hands wrapped around her hands, closing something in it. Larissa’s eyes beamed with excitement and smiled brightly at him. After that I tuned out of their exchange and looked for Clover’s reaction.