Ch. 16- Trouble in Paradise

Hey everyone. I am so sorry that I have not been updating recently. I have been in a really dark place since my boyfriend broke up with me and have not had the energy and motivation to write anything. But I would like to thank ameliaskeethogwarts. I really like hearing when people like the story and your comment helped motivate me to write. So thanks :) I will do my best to write and update more, but if you like the story let me know. It will help move things along. I love everyone reading the story and liking it. I wouldn't still be writing if you guys weren't reading so thanks for putting up with my horrible updating. LOVES YOU GUYS!!! <3

**********************************************************************************************************************

Kalila

"I asked you to take the garbage out yesterday!"

"Well, Why don't you do it yourself?"

"Because I asked you to do it!"

"My gosh, Kalila! You are so spoiled! Can't you do anything for yourself?"

"Well, Mitch, can't you do anything right?"

"Stop acting like a little diva!"

"Stop acting like a big jerk!"

"So you can right hundreds of songs, but that is the best insult you can come up with?"

"I can think of hundreds of thinks to call you. Just none that my lord would approve of!"

"You know what? I will take the garbage out! But don't be surprised if I don't come back!" Mitch said stomping towards the apartment doors.

"Fine by me!" I screamed after him as he slammed the door in my face.

I sank to the floor and put my head in my hands. Mitch and I had been together for years, and like every couple we had a share of fights. But recently it had been different. Ever since his accident and Jay had come to stay with us we were fighting everyday. The fights seemed bigger. Harder to get over. Mitch had been sleeping on the couch everyday for the past two weeks. Mitch was just acting more distant from me. More irritable. I just wanted us to be happy, like how things used to be, when we were young and so totally in love. Now, we seem to be more like enemies then lovers.

The door started to open and I hopped up, hoping it was Mitch back to apologize. Jay walked through the doors carrying some bags of groceries. He wore a big smile on his face.

"Hey. I picked up some groceries. I thought I would make us all a nice dinner. Where's Mitch?"

I couldn't help it. I put my head down and let tears fall from my eyes.

"Hey, hey, hey. What's wrong? Were you two fighting again?"

"Yes. It's so stupid too. I don't know what's wrong with us," I sobbed into my hands.

"Nothing is wrong with you two. You are a couple. Couples are supposed to fight. You will get over this. Love can conquer all. Relationships aren't suppose to be easy. They take a lot of work. Don't let the outside pressures of the world bring you guys down. You can make this work. I know you can."

"But Jay. This hasn't been like other fights. The other times I knew we would get through it. I knew that it wasn't that big of a deal. I knew that it was just ridiculous and that in a few minutes he was going to pull me into his arms and we would laugh about how stupid we are and make up like nothing happened. But now. I feel like there is no hope. There will be no us tomorrow. That things are about to end. I have no idea what to do. We are constantly fighting. Mitch is constantly angry. And he is just acting so distant from me. He doesn't talk to me about his problems. He doesn't talk at all. I ask him something and he just mumbles a quick one word response. I'm scared. I'm frightened of him. I don't know what he is thinking, what he is going to do next. I am so scared. I don't know what to do."