Ch. 1- The Fire Cloud

Vote and Comment, I hope you like it. :)

___________________________________________________________________________

Twenty-one years ago, the most powerful angel in all of Heaven gave birth to two beautiful twin girls. However, there was something different about these two young girls--they had magnificent super powers. When the girls were five, it was discovered that their father was a powerful demon who worked alongside the devil himself. Fearing that the girls may become like their father, the family was sent to live on Earth. One of the girls, Kalila, immediately started using her powers to help the humans, for her heart was as pure as snow; however, her sister Katrina, resented ever being sent to Earth, and she vowed to get her revenge, for her heart was as black as the night.

KATRINA

I perched at the top of the tower, staring down with hatred. The night air chilled me to the bone, but I didn't care. I needed to plot; my nemesis was just yards away and it was haunting my every thought. I couldn't concentrate on anything but ripping apart their every limb. I wanted so badly to tear my sharp teeth into their disgusting, putrid flesh. As long as they walk the Earth, I cannot reach my full potential. There is only one way to find happiness--kill my twin sister.

From my spot on the skyscraper, I could see perfectly into my sister's penthouse apartment. A party raged within--music filled the air and lights flashed to the beat. I scoffed. This was just like my sister, she had so many friends. She disgusted me. Everyone just liked her 'cause she was pretty and smart, oh, and because she could freaking control their minds just by singing a few enchanting notes! Lame. She has no real power when compared to me. I could breathe fire for pete's sake! She thinks she is so cool, being able to control anyone. Well, I can make anyone fall in love with me just by looking into their eyes. It gets the same result but without the effort of having to sing.

You see, my sister is praised in Heaven for "saving" the human race. When we were nine, she got a record deal and is currently one of the most famous singers of all time. Little did everyone know that she was controlling them with every note that came out of her filthy little mouth. Of course, she doesn't know how to use this skill properly! She just used it to end a few wars, stop some world hunger, and bring world peace. Nothing good or of use! I could have done so much more with that gift. I could bring the humans to their knees. I could rule this world like the way it should be! For now, though, my sister lives in a penthouse, and I live in a dark, damp little basement with my followers. Someday, someday soon, we will rise! I just have to kill my sister first.

I look back down to my sister's apartment, and I see her. Rage rushes through me. She is wearing her normal attire, an all white dress with her hair shining with the power of the sun, flowing past her shoulders. Disgusting. I look down at my black leather pants, black biking boots, and tight black top, with my hair tight up in a ponytail. We are complete opposites. When I look back up, I notice my sister stepping through a glass sliding door onto her balcony. She closes her eyes and lifts her head to the night sky, no doubt praying to those no good jerks in Heaven that kicked us out of that place! When she opened her eyes again, she looked directly at me. I scampered back on the ledge where I sat, farther into the darkness. Then, my phone begins buzzing in my pocket.

"Hello," I snapped into the phone.

"Hello sister," Kalila said softly.

"What do you want!?"

"I was just calling to inquire to if you wanted to come down off that ledge and join the party?"

"No, you little scum! I don't want to join your little party because I won't be able to control myself from snapping your God damn neck!"

"Such harsh words from my own flesh and blood, and dear, Katrina, please don't use our father's name in vain."

"He is not my father," I sneered through clenched teeth.

She chuckled into the phone, "He is everyone's father."

"Sounds like a whole lot of incest to me," I laughed to myself. Silence came from the other end.

"My dear sister, I do hope you change your ways, but if you don't, God will always forgive you."

"Shut up before I throw you off that balcony!" I screamed as I hung up the phone, seething with anger.

Seconds later the phone rang again. I picked up and screamed, "WHAT!?"

"Such hostility from my favorite daughter. Geesh, who hugged you today?"

"Hi dad. It's just that nasty little creature you call your daughter," I muttered to my father, Quinn. He was the devil's best friend, and the only one in my family that I actually got along with, even though he is the reason that I live on this hell hole, Earth.

"Don't let her get you down Katrina. She isn't worth your time. She already is taking up enough of my time. I am spending all of my days with the big man trying to clean up her messes. We worked so hard on those wars, causing hunger, and come on! World peace! My own daughter is freaking going to run me out of business! I swear, the only thing that brings me joy anymore is taking candy from babies," my dad angrily snapped into the phone.

"Dad, is there a reason you called?"

"Oh yea, sorry pudding. Just wondering if you were gonna be coming home for dinner?"

I growled into the phone, "Do I have to?"

"Katrina, the big man is making your favorite."

"Wings?"

"Extra spicy."

"What time?"

"Thirty minutes."

"Fine! I'll be there!" I snapped before hanging up and violently shoving the phone back in my pocket.

I walk back to my spot on the ledge and look down at my sister's apartment. The party still rages on, and she is still standing on the balcony. Then, I see him. He walks through the glass balcony door and puts his arm around her. He pulls her into his embrace and kisses her forehead. She looks up and their lips meet. I turn away. The one boy I want, and the one boy I can't have.

I can feel myself overheating. I walk away from the ledge. Come on, Katrina! Calm down! But I can't control myself, the image of them kissing is burned into my brain. I'm seething with anger. I open my mouth to scream, but all that comes out is a hot burst of fire. It rises in the air thirty feet before burning out. Shit! I walk back to the ledge and see hundreds of people looking out their windows, on their balconies, and on the streets below.

I quickly run to the opposite side of the skyscraper and jump. I'm in a freefall. The wind rushing past my face. I close my eyes and take it all in. I'm about halfway down when my black wings burst out of my back, and I go soaring above the streets of New York City, perfectly blending in with the night sky.