Ch. 13- Through the Window

KATRINA

“Well. Thanks for the help,” I said, turning and walking away from my sister.

“Wait! You’re just gonna leave me here?” She whined as she sat on the steps in front of Dev’s building
“Yup. That’s the plan.”
“But I thought we were friends now!”
I laughed dryly. “You wish, little witch.” I turned again, trying to escape into the night
“But how do I get out of here!?” Her shrill scream called after me.
I laughed heartily. “Beats me.” I folded my large wings out of my back and took for the night sky.

My sister could be so irritating. Yea, I helped her. But I was just trying to get back and Dev for freaking sleeping with her! And he nearly killed Mitch. I did the only thing I could do. I used Jasmine to my full advantage. I could just imagine them coming back, watching the video, and her throwing an absolute rage. Ha! I would love to have a front row seat to that. That will teach Dev to sleep with my sister!

I flew deep into the mountains of hell and landed just outside of a large fence. A man standing inside of the fence smiled at me and let me in. “Hi Katrina!”
“Hey Aaron! Is she here?”
“Not yet. They are bringing her in now.”
“Cool...Is Quinn gonna deal with her?”
“I do believe that is the plan. You should probably go speak with him.”
“Why?”
“He seems to be a little upset about something.” He lifted his gun and pointed to something in the air. “There they are.”

I turned to look and sure enough, there were three dark shadows flying towards us holding Kalila. I smiled. Quinn would finish her and I would be free to rule the world. The shadowy men flew right over the fence and took Kalila into the abandoned part of the prison. I turned to Aaron and smiled. This is exactly what I needed to cheer me up after what happened with Dev.

I turned and walked into the building. I entered a hallway and walked down into the room next to Kalila’s room. A could see her through a two-sided mirror on the wall. Kalila was bound to a chair in the middle of the room. Next to her was a metal table of torture instruments Quinn liked to use on his victims. I could see Quinn leaning against the back wall. He had his arms folded and was looking directly at me, even though i knew he couldn’t see me, but he looked pissed. Pauly was working in the corner with some threatening looking swords and other torture devices. He picked up some large, sharp metal object that I did not know the name of. And of course, the large oaf dropped it.

Kalila instantly startled awake. She squirmed in her chair and then started to scream. Quinn sent a menacing glare to Pauly, who went over to Kalila and told her to shut up, smacking the back of her head. An unfamiliar woman walked in the room and went to talk to Pauly. Quinn stepped away from the wall and walked forward towards Kalila. He said something to Pauly that I could not quite make out. Then he began to talk.

“Hello Kalila.” He removed her blindfold and then rested his hands on Kalila’s shoulders. “Now, Kalila. I bet you’re wondering why you’re here? Hmmm?” He chuckled. “I hope you understand why we had to duct tape you. Wouldn’t want you singing now, would we? But anyhow, back to the question of why you are here.” He slowly walked in front of her, so he could see her recognize him and witness the fear in his eyes.

My father walked over to the woman and Pauly. Putting his arm around them he whispered something to them and they nodded in understanding. They walked out of the room and left Kalila and my dad alone. He brought a wooden chair over to her and straddled it. He stared at her for a few minutes, creating an awkward silence.

“So, how are you?” He paused. He stood up from the chair and walked over to her. “Twenty-two years ago, me and that wretched woman brought you and your sister into this world. While I do not regret fathering your sister, I do regret ever letting you breathe life. Katrina has dedicated herself into killing you. She has failed miserably thus far.”

Quinn continued speaking but I didn’t hear a word. I sunk to the floor so I couldn’t see into the room. Quinn thought was a failure? He always told me he was so proud of me and I just need to keep working. But he thought I was a failure? I started to shake. Maybe with sadness, Maybe with anger. Either way, I knew what I had to do.

I picked up my phone and texted Aaron, who was currently watching the worst inmates in the prison. “Hey Aaron. Meet me out back in 5 ;)”

I waited for a minute and I heard a loud commotion coming from the north side of the building. I returned my attention back to the room. Quinn was holding a sharp saw to Kalila. You could see the fear all over her face. Quinn threw the saw on the ground. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out his phone.

“WHAT!?” He yelled into the phone. He listened for awhile. “Now? But I am kind of in the middle of something right now. Fine.” He shut the phone and stomped angrily towards the door. “I’ll be right back,” he mumbled.

Kalila was left alone, and I was ready to take my revenge on my father. I started to walk towards the door, fully prepared to set Kalila fear. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw someone enter Kalila’s room. A very attractive man was helping Kalila out of the room. Well, I guess this would be easier than I thought. Quinn would be angry and I could keep my hands clean. I saw them run out of the room and poked my into the hallway just in time to see them run out of the doors.

I smiled to myself and began to walk the other way down the hall towards the main area of the prison. A door at the end of the hallway opened. Quinn came running towards me. He bumped into me, not acknowledging my presence. He ran into the room Kalila had been seconds before. I heard him let out an angry scream seconds before he stormed back into the hallway.

“Where is she Katrina?!” He shouted in my face.

“Ewwww, Quinn. Nasty breath. And isn’t she in the room? I was just heading to the bathroom.”

“No she’s not in the room! And you bloody let her out! Didn’t you!”
I took a deep breath and said very calmly, “No, Quinn. I didn’t let her out. Why don’t you watch the surveillance videos? Or set the alarm?”

“Fine,” he growled angrily, reaching for his phone. “Set the alarm! She has escaped!” He yelled into the phone, then slamming it angrily. He turned to me, “You. Come with me.”

I followed him as he stormed down the hallway and into the main offices. We walked into a door labeled “Security” and Quinn kicked the chair of the fat demon sitting in their.

“Play the security tape for room 666 in the abandoned building.”

The demon stuttered, shaken by Quinn’s authority. “Y...Y...Yes Sir.”

The demon leaned to a small TV on a desk. He flipped through some channels and rewinded it. There, it clearly showed Kalila. She was rocking her chair back and forth. It toppled to the floor and she started crying. Then the attractive man entered the room. He untied her and they both ran out of the room. I looked at Quinn and put my hands on my hips.

“See. I told you I didn’t do it.” Quinn had a shocked look at his face and he didn’t respond to me. “Hey! Uhm.... Quinn. Earth to Quinn.” I grabbed his arm and gave it a shake.

He sputtered out of his trance. He stared at me shocked. “Do you not know who that is?”