Ch. 11- Cheater Cheater

JASMINE

“Let’s never go there again,” I said sternly to my husband.
He squeezed my hand as we wrote up in the elevator, “You know that’s not possible honey. North Korea is a big client of mine.”
I whined. “Aww. Come on honey. It’s so boring there.”
My husband laughed as the elevator arrived at our penthouse. “Honey. The world doesn’t revolve around you.”
Walking into the apartment, I crossed my arms and huffed angrily, “Well it should.”

I stopped in the middle of the apartment. I whirled around and grabbed my husband by his waist. He looked down at me quizzically. Smiling my devilish grin, I stood on my tippy toes and pulled him down to my level, where I kissed him firm on the mouth. His strong arms wrapped around my waist and he lifted me up into the air. He carried me to the bedroom we shared and then dropped me hard on the ground.

I punched his leg, “What the hell man?!” I looked up at his face, staring off expressionless. I stood up and grabbed his face. “Hey. What’s wrong?” Then, I looked to where he was looking. Laying on my pillow was a DVD case. I walked over, picked it up, and looked back at my husband. “What is this?”
He seemingly popped back into reality. “I have no idea.”
“Well, let’s find out. Shall we?”

I walked back into our living room and over to our large TV. I popped the DVD into the player. Sitting down on the couch, I started the movie. A beach filled the screen.

My husband entered the screen, talking to a girl that looked weirdly familiar. “Nice day, isn’t it?”

The girl looked up at him and replied, “Yea, it is.”

“Dylan,” my husband said holding out his hand.
The girl took his hand, “Katie.”
My husband smiled before replying, “Nice to meet you, Katie. So, do you come here often?”
“A few weekends every year for about five years now. You?”
“First time.”
“Well, I would be glad to show you around if you want?”
“I’d like that.”

She smiled back, “Cool, meet me near the bathrooms in a hour.”

“Cool. See you then,” my husband said as he stripped off his shirt.

I looked up at my husband, puzzled. He looked back at me, a worried expression filled his eyes. The screen had gone blue. Then an image filled the screen again. My husband, kissing this girl! What the hell?! My husband lifted the girl up and carried her into a camper, where they continued on to sleep with each other.

I had seen enough! Anger flowing through me, I walked to the TV, pushing it to the ground where it shattered. My husband looked at me, wearing a scared look on his face.

“What the hell is this!?” I yelled at my husband.

He put his hands in the air defensively. “I can explain.”

I charged at him. “Oh yea. You better!” He remained quiet for a few seconds, causing me to become increasingly annoyed. “I’m waiting!”
“It was for work!”
“Oh yeah. How was that for work?” I said, picking up the lamp on our end table and chucking it at his head.

He easily dodged it. “I swear, babe. I had to!”
“Oh, go to hell you jerk!” I picked up a vase on the coffee table and was about to chuck it when my husband stopped me.

“That’s Kalila!”

Of course! How could I have missed it? She looked exactly like Katrina! “... And you slept with her?”

He walked over to me and put his hands on his shoulders. “Let me show you.”

He retrieved the DVD from the player and put it in his laptop. Pressing play, the video of them sleeping together popped up once again. I looked away but my husband grabbed my face and made me watch. He fast forwarded the video until it showed him and the girl. He had his arm around her and they were sitting on the end of the dock. Even far away, I could see it. My husbands eyes flashed a beautiful bright red. And he pushed her into the water.

“Aww. Baby,” I said smiling at him. “You killed her.”
“Well... Actually....” The video continued on. Showing an attractive man jumping in the water and pulling her out.
“Who is that?”
“Her protector.”
“Ahhh... you just leave him up to me.” Winking at him and shaking my hips, I walked out of the room.