Ch. 9- Chivalry is Not Dead

MITCH

   She... is with another guy? This is not right. This was never in the prophecy. I thought she loved me! I loved her. I was enraged and heartbroken. Walking down the path in the woods, I could feel rage boiling within me. A burst of energy rushed through me, and I punched a tree next to me. The tree toppled over into the woods. She has been with me forever! How could she do this to me?

I needed to find out what was going on here. I went and told the security team to keep an eye on Kalila. Now on to find out what the hell is going on. I went into the woods and folded my wings out of my back. I flew fast and steadily through the air. I arrived at the gates of Heaven in no time. I flew in the clean white sky right past the gates and went right to the middle of Heaven. I stopped in front of a huge old building. It was made out of white bricks and had gold crosses covering it. I stormed into the giant gold doors and walked right up to the large desk in the middle of the room

“I need to see him,” I demanded to the friendly looking woman.
“He’s in a meeting.”
“This is important!”
“I’m sure it can wait, Mitch.”
“She may be in trouble,” I yelled, growing impatient with this woman.
“... I’ll be right back.” She left the desk and walked through a door in the corner of the room.

I paced through the large room. I couldn’t wait. Kalila might be in danger. Ten minutes later, she still hadn’t come back. I angrily stomped through the door she had went through. It opened into a long corridor. Hundreds of doors branched of the seemingly endless corridor. I stormed down the corridor until I came to a set of double doors with voices behind it. I burst through the doors to see a table with a twenty different men and women seated besides it. At the end of a table was a powerful looking man. He had white hair but looked only about thirty years old, making him look distinguished. The woman from before stood behind him.

“Yes, Mitch?” God asked me calmly.

I walked to the table and banged my hands down, “Who is the man Kalila is with?”
God looked at me puzzledly. “Kalila is with no man but you?”
“But she is.”
God paused, looking worried. “Come with me, Mitch.”

We walked back out of the room and farther down the hallway to an office. The walls were covered in books, there was a large wooden desk in the center of the room, and a large plasma screen TV was on the far wall. God walked over to the desk, picked up a remote, and turned on the TV. He flipped through the channels. When he stopped, Kalila was displayed across the large television. She was laying in the arms of this “Dylan” character. God sat down and put his hand to his forehead.

“This is not good. This is really not good,” God mumbled to himself.
“Why is this not good?” I asked frantically, “Who is he?”
“Do you not recognize him?” God shouted as he stood and pointed at the television.

I looked at the TV. At Kalila. At the man who had his arms around her. All of the sudden, the man opened his eyes. And seemed to be staring directly at me. He smiled menacingly and his brown eyes became red. I recognized him immediately. I grabbed the large leather chair sitting in front of the desk and chucked it at the plasma. It shattered and fell to the ground.

“THE DEVIL!” I screamed. “How could this have happened?”
“She is in grave danger,” God whispered.
“You don’t think I know that! He is the fucking devil! How could this have happened? Why doesn’t it say this in your little prophecy? I need to go help her!” I stormed out of the room and flew as fast as I could back to Earth.

It was dark when I arrived back to the campground. There was a large fire raging in the center of the camp and I raced over there. I locked eyes with Kalila’s head of security and demanded to know where she was. The fool was drunk and mumbled something about her going down the docks. I ran to the docks and saw a black cloud vanish in the air. I rushed to where the cloud had been and looked down into the water. I saw her. She was not moving and sinking down into the water. I ripped off my shirt and jumped in the water. I pulled her to the surface. She wasn’t breathing.