Chapter 16 - Moving Day

Y/n looked around her room and broke down into tears. She had everything packed up, and her parents were waiting for her downstairs.

Her entire life was being ripped away from her simply because she was turned into a zombie. She loved Zed, but she really, REALLY didn't want to leave her family.

Addison knocked on her door. "Come in," she mumbled. She came in and she heard her sniffling. "I'm gonna miss you so much," Addi cried. Y/n turned around and she hugged her tightly, and started crying harder.

"I'm going to miss you too... I'm sorry I was so rude-"
"No, IM sorry I was being racist towards you." She pulled away and wiped her tears, "you're my sister. I should love you no matter what. You want to date a zombie? Date a zombie. You're a zombie now? Great, go be the best zombie ever!" She smiled a little. She laughed, "Thanks, Addi." Y/n hugged her again and the two walked downstairs.

Y/n hugged her parents tightly, trying not to cry, "Why do I have to go? I'm 16 and I'm getting kicked out..."

"I'm sorry sweetie, it's the law," her mom said, wiping her eyes. "We can't change that. If I become mayor again, I will do everything in my power to change this law." Y/n nodded and the four of them exited the house. She hugged her family one last time, and get into Zevon's car and drive away.

She couldn't handle keeping her tears in any longer and broke down again, crying hard. Zed wrapped his arms around her and hugged her as tightly as he could, and Zoey squeezed her hand gently.

"I'm so sorry, baby," he sighed. "This is my fault.."
"It's n-not, Zed," she stuttered, ber tears becoming uncontrollable, "I'm not upset I'm a z-zombie. I-I just wish it could be diff-f-ferent.."

"I know, baby."

"We're going to take good care of you, (Y/n)," Zoey said smiling. She smiled a little. "Zoe's right. We may not be your blood family but we're your new family now," Zevon said. Zed nodded, "I hope that's okay."
She nodded and smiled, "I'm going to love being apart of this family."

Zed and Zevon helped you get packed into now hers and Zed's room. Eliza gave Y/n an outfit to wear until the government gave her the rest of her new clothes.

She flopped down on the bed and sighed. "All that moving was too much, I'm exhausted," she yawned.
Zed nodded, "Yeah, after dinner I'm going to bed. I'm way too tired."

Zoey ran into the room, "Daddy told me to tell you both that dinner's ready!" She said. "Thanks Zoe!" Zed said, getting up from his chair. "C'mon, dad made cauliflower brains!"

Y/n laughed, "That sounds strangely appealing," she said. Zed took her hand and they went downstairs to eat.

It was late by now, and she and Zed were tired. She was in her pajamas, ready for bed.

"Zed, where do I sleep?" "Well, since your furniture is shipping tomorrow, you're sleeping in my bed and I'm sleeping on the floor," Zed replied.

"What? No! I don't want to do that!" She replied. "Don't worry, (Y/n). I'm fine, it was my idea anyway." He pecked her lips and she frowned, "Fine.. I feel bad, though."

"Don't," he put down the sleeping bag on the floor and got in. "Like I said, I suggested it." You nodded and went into bed.

Immediately, she fell into a deep sleep. But that didn't stop nightmares from haunting her all night long.

.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.

I'm sorry guys but this is going to be the second to last chapter. I've enjoyed writing this very, very much 💕