Chapter 10 - Flip a Switch

Y/n went to school the next day feeling sad and alone. She didn't talk much, and just nodded when people talked to her. She figured she could go the entire day without talking to Zed, but she failed. She heard footsteps running behind her, "(Y/n), hey!" Zed called.

She groaned and turned around, already almost halfway up the stairs, "What, Zed?"
"I wanted to say I'm sorry about last night." "Yeah. Please, explain why you left me there!" Y/n snapped.
He frowned, "I've been caught by the police before. Like, 3 times almost. If my dad found out, he would've stopped me from playing football, or worse.. he could've stopped me from leaving the house which meant I couldn't see you anymore. I didn't want to risk that. I was scared and confused and worried, and I'm sorry. I hope nothing bad happened," he bit his bottom lip nervously as he looked up at you.

"Well, I'm okay, but I'm still mad. I mean, we were having such an amazing moment, and then you just ran off without saying goodbye," Y/n replied. "I know. I should've done something. I should've.. I should've grabbed your hand and ran away with you or something." "That would've gotten me into more trouble." "You got in trouble?!" His eyes widened, "Why?"

"One of the officers knows my family very well. He found me and took me home, and my parents... they were really mad I was in Zombietown. They told me no more cheering until they meet you."

"Oh, really? Great! I'll just win them over with my good looks and charm," He chuckled and winked. Y/n frowned and shook her head. "It's not that easy, Zed. They're old fashioned. They dont like zombies.." "..So they won't like me?" Zed's smile faded. "I'm sorry, but no." He sighed, "I'm sorry." "It's not your fault-" "I'm sorry that I made everything so complicated for you." "It's fine, Zed. I don't like cheering anyway. I'm just nervous for you and I."

He took her hands and kissed them, "We'll make it work. Somehow." Y/n nodded, "If only I can just.. I don't know, flip a switch and everything would just work out." The bell rung and she smiled faintly, "Gotta go. Bye, Zed..." she waved goodbye and walked up the stairs.

.:: Zed's POV ::.

"If only I can just... flip a switch." I sighed.
Flip a switch... I had an idea. It was risky, but it was worth a shot. At this point, it was the last class of the day. As soon as it finished, I'll go home and test my theory out.

The next day came, and it was the big Homecoming game. I was taking (Y/n) out and meeting her parents... I was super nervous, to say the least. "(Y/n) wanted to flip a switch... thankfully, I can. This is gonna hurt," I said to myself. I looked at my Zband and sighed.

I swiped right.

My entire body felt like it was on fire. My mind and body was changing rapidly fast. I screamed in pain as my skin changed from pale white to a human skin color, and my hair turned a dark brown. I fell down to the floor, clutching my Zband in pain.

After it began to subside, I stood up slowly and looked in the mirror. I gasped when i realized it had worked!
I'm a human... now (Y/n)'s parents will accept me! Once I meet them I'll change back and everything will be alright.

.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.

IM SO SORRY THIS IS SO SHORT + SORRY I DIDNT UPDATE FOR 2 DAYS
MY PHONE GOT TAKEN AWAY LOL

Also want you back by 5sos isa bop and you should listen rn