Chapter 7 - Pro-Cheerleader

.:: Y/n's POV ::

A week had passed, and Zed continued to wrack in those wins. Zombies were given so much freedom throughout the school, and it was beautiful.

Y/n was sitting at the table with her friends, thinking about her and Zed. She looked up and saw Zed across the lunchroom, smiling and laughing with his zombie buddies with some humans surrounding them. He was popular, and fitting in. Her heart swelled. He looked so happy. His smile made her heart beat at unnatural rates, his laugh sending butterflies flying in her stomach. She was completely falling for him.

She decided to stand up and go sit by him. Just as Y/n got up, a hand grabbed her shoulder and turned her around quickly. "Bucky?" she asked, surprised.

"You're either pro-cheerleader, or pro-zombie. Make your choice," he says sternly. "What..?" she froze, hoping she heard him wrong. 

"Now," he snapped. "Choose wisely, cause if you choose wrongly..." he nodded his head towards Addison and smirked. She gulped, "I..." 

She thought about Zed, and how happy she is with him.But then she thought about Addison and how much she loved cheering and her fitting in. She sighed, "I want to be a cheerleader." 

Bucky grinned, "Good choice." Bucky walked off, leaving her standing there, consumed in her wary thoughts. "Hey (Y/n)!" Zed yelled from across the room. She looked over at him and tears welled up in Her eyes. She ran out of the cafeteria to cry, away from everyone and away from Bucky and Zed.

.:: A few minutes before the game, 2 1/2 hours later ::.

Y/n tore out a piece of paper from her notebook, took a pen, and began to write.

"Dear Zed, I'll always be cheering for you on the inside. Xo, (Y/n)❤️"

She ran to the lockers and slipped it in his locker. She heard footsteps, so she ran off to the football game quickly so she didn't get caught.

After what felt like the longest football game, it finally ended. All Y/n wanted was to go over and give Zed the biggest hug and maybe even a kiss, but she couldn't risk it, and it frustrated you to no end. The cheerleaders started to clear out, but she continued to watch Zed have a blast with his football friends. He caught her eye and winked at her, then ran off the field. She was about to walk away when someone wrapped an arm around her shoulder, holding a note. She looked at who it was and saw it was Bonzo. He whistled and gave her the note, hugged her, then ran off. Y/n laughed, Bonzo was so weird sometimes. She opened the note.

"Ready to break every rule in the book? Meet me at the border tonight at 7. Xo, Zed"

She gasped. "I could get in so much trouble.." she mumbled. After she thought it through she grinned, "I'm in."