Pilot/Teaser

Zed had just won the homecoming game. Y/n was so proud of him! She ran down the bleachers, down to where he was tackled by the opposing players. As she ran over to him, the football players got up from him and started running away, screaming. Y/n furrowed her brows and walked closer.

"Zed? Are you.." Zed turned around and Y/n froze. His skin was a darker gray than normal, his veins a deep greyish/red color piercing through his pale skin; his beautiful brown eyes hidden through his blackened eye sockets. He growled at Y/n and she gasped.

"Zed! What happened to you!" She looked into his eyes, desperately searching for the real Zed. He said nothing and continued moving towards her. Realizing that Zed could do anything to Y/n since his Zband stopped working, she ran. She ran off the field to find a hiding spot.

Maybe I could lose him...

She dove behind the bushes separating the football field to the walkway. She walked to the base of the bushes in hopes that she had lost Zed. She started panicking, what if I lost Zed forever? What if they can't fix his Zband and he stays a brain eating zombie like that forever?

Her thoughts were cut off short when she heard a deep growl. She turned around and saw Zed. Her heart started racing as he slowly moved towards her. Thank God Zombies were slow.

"Zed! Zed it's me, (Y/n)! What happened to you?!"

Nothing.
He came closer.

"Zed, baby, it's me, you don't have to act this way! This is not you!"

...

"Zed, please!" She was backed up against the bushes, nearly laying on the paved floor. "Please.." Her eyes flickered behind Zed and noticed Gus was right behind him, with something dangerous in his hand.

Her eyes flicked back to Zed's as she noticed him dash towards her, pinning her down. She screamed and squirmed under him as he lowered his mouth down to bite deeply into her neck, which was the closest place he could get to her brain from that angle. She screamed and tried to pry him off of her, but it was no use. Light drops of blood began to trickle down her skin. She fought as hard as she could as Zed pinned her arms down, forcing her in place. She looked back at Zed with pure pain and betrayal clouding her eyes as she let the tears fall, "Z-Zed?"