Chapter 4 - Totally Embarrased

Y/n sat at lunch with Addison and Bree. The two of them were chatting about cheer and their favorite routines to do. Y/n poked at her food with her fork, still thinking about Zed.

"This is Principle Lee speaking. Zombies are now allowed to eat in the cafeteria," Principle Lee's voice echoed through the cafeteria. Everyone groaned and shouted, but she grinned. Now she could thank Zed!

"Just deal with it." the Principle mumbled over the com.

The doors to the cafeteria opened, and in walked the zombies. Y/n saw Zed and she smiled. She watched him and his friends sit down at their own lunch table.

You felt very happy that they were starting to be treated more equally.

"(Y/n)? (Y/n), are you even listening to me?" Addison asked. She blinked and tore her eyes away from Zed, "What?"

"Exactly," Addison laughed. "What are you even looking at?" She shrugged, "My heart is racing and I feel tingly and hot all over.." Y/n smiled looking back at Zed. Bree gasped, "Oh no! You have the flu!"

"No... it's Zed," Y/n replied, grinning. They both turned to look at Zed and Addison gasped. "The zombie?! (Y/n), you like a zombie?"

"Like, like like a zombie?!" Bree said in response. She stopped and looked at them worriedly, "That's bad, right?!"

Addison nodded vigorously but Bree shakes her head. "Would you guys hate me if I said yes?"

Addison opened her mouth, but Bree beat her to it. "If you like him, then go for it. I just don't want you to get your heart broken."
"Or devoured," Addison frowned.

Y/n sighed. "It's fine. I doubt he even remembers my name," she said. "(Y/n)!" She heard someone call.

She turned around and noticed Zed waving at her. The entire cafeteria went silent, and her heart started to race. "Well, I can't be rude!" Y/n grinned. She got up as Addison freaked out, "(Y/n)!"

Y/n walked over to Zed and his friends.

"Hey! I just wanted to say, as they say in old Zombie tongue, gazar nady garzane narzik." Y/n grinned, "I looked it up on the internet." Zed and his friends held back laughter, "Uhm, you just thanked me for rubbing peanut butter on your umbrella," Zed said, smiling, trying his best not to laugh.

She blushed deeply, "O-oh! No, I meant.. welcome to the cafeteria." "Thanks," he said, smiling.

His friend handed her a carved apple. She gasped, "Wow, thank you! It's beautiful!"

"What are you doing here? This is supposed to be a zombie only table," a girl sitting next to him said frowning. "Oh! I'm sorry, I just wanted to thank Zed for saving-" Y/n started to get dragged away and she gasped, "Hey! Let me go!"

Tracey and Stacey stop dragging Y/n and frowned. "You know you're talking to zombies, right?" Tracey said. "Yeah! I was just being nice. I'm fighting for intolerance," she explained.

"Oh! I say we kick out Daren!" Lacey grinned.
"Uhm, zombie intolerance," Y/n mumbled, frowning.

"Bucky told us there was something different about your family," Lacey smirked. "What? We're completely normal.. and so what if we're different, anyway?" Y/n replied.

"If you hang with hazardous waste you could end up at the reject table like that," Lacey snapped her fingers and they all waltzed off.

Y/n sighed as she heard Zed call her name again. She looked at him with tears welling up in her eyes. She frowned and walked out of the cafeteria.