Young Dumb Broke High School Kid

Aira Frost is a junior in Alpine Junior high

Aira Frost is a junior in Alpine Junior high. She sat down in the freezing cold classroom with her brothers Shawn and Aiden.  They gave her a school sweater to help her be warm. She heard other talking about some song " Young Dumb and Broke"  It was by Dj Khalid. Aira didn't hear the song but heard always thought about the title. 

She wondered to herself " Am I a young dumb and broke high school kid?" 

Its been a year and a few months since the song was released on August 1, 2017, on Youtube.  

Aiden asked " Hey, Shawn? What do you think of the song by Dj Khalid?" 

" Do you mean Young, Dumb, and Broke?" Shawn responded.

" Yeah that song that goes, While we're young dumb

Young, young dumb and broke," Aiden started rapping. 

Everyone surround Aiden and begs him to rap the whole song, so they can post it on snap chat. 

Aiden started rapping the whole song while someone put the instrumental version on their phone. 

Shawn was recording as well while Aira just sits there quietly. 

~ Time Skip~

The teacher arrived and was about to hand back the class their test scores. 

Aira thinks about her age which was 16, technically she was young. 

" Young check..." She thought.  

" Alright here are your test scores from last week, You all did great except for one." The teacher announced. 

Everyone looks at each other wondering who got the failing score on their test. 

" Whoever got that failing score on that test will be called dumb for the rest of the year," Mark said. 

" Remember don't flip it over until I tell you to." the teacher said.

Aira jumps a little and looks at the teacher passing out the test. When everyone got their test it was on the blank side and the teacher told us not to flip it over. 

The teacher said, " Okay class, on the count of three, You can flip your papers." 

" One....Two...Three!" He said. 

Everyone flipped over their test and look at it with wide eyes. Shawn got a 95%, while Aiden got a 92%. Everyone was pleased to get such high scores on the hardest test of the year. 

Aira was the one only who didn't flip over the test who was scared to flip it over. 

" Hey Aira, What did you get?" Mark asked. 

Aira slowly flips her paper and looks at her score where only she can see it. 

Aira Frost as officially received a 32% on the hardest test of the year. 

" Oh my gosh...I'm gonna be called dumb for the rest of the year." Aira thought. 

" So what did you get?" Mark asked once again. 

" I got a..." Aira said before she got cut off when Mark takes her paper. 

Mark's eyes were on your test paper and his eyes widen. 

Mark said out loud. " Hey Everybody, Aira got a 32% on her test. She is the dumb one." 

Everyone in the class started pointing at her and laughing except for Shawn and Aiden. They felt bad for her as they placed their hands on her shoulders.

" Dumb...Check." Aira thought. 

~ Time Skip~ 

A few hours of torture was finally over and it was time for lunch. Today was a special day, they were serving the best teriyaki chicken and rice in town. Shawn and Aiden brought their lunch money and already got their lunch and sat down at their table. 

Aira was at her looking forward to this lunch for a while now and she was at her locker trying to find where she put her money. 

She starts texting her mom. 

From: Aira Frost 

To: Mom 

Time: 12:04pm

Hey Mom, Do you know where my money might have gone?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Mom

To: Aira Frost 

Time: 12:05pm

Hello Aira, Sorry to break it you but you don't have any money. You are basically broke...

~ End of texting~ 

Aira stares at the text and puts her phone in her pocket and goes to the lunch room and sits next to her brothers. 

Shawn asked  " Where is your lunch? It's the special lunch you have been looking forward to for a while." 

" I don't have a lunch because I don't have any money," Aira spoke. 

" Aira! This has been going on for the whole year so far...You are telling me you're broke?" Aiden askes. 

Aira nods and as he looks down. 

Mark appears out of nowhere and shouts. " Aira is young, dumb and broke!" 

The students in the lunchroom started laughing at her. 

Shawn and Aiden look at her and frowns as they already finished their lunch. 

Aira thought. " Broke...Check." 

~ Time Skip~ 

Aira, Shawn, and Aiden were walking home from school. On the way home, Shawn looks Axel's story on snapchat. It was a picture of Aira with the caption " Young, Dumb, and Broke Forever." Aira just walked quietly with her eyes looking at the floor. 

It was official Aira Frost is known as Young, Dumb, and Broke High school kid.

" Aira, You are our sister you aren't dumb or broke we love you no matter what," Shawn said. 

Aiden nods. " That's right." 

Aira stops and looks at Shawn and Aiden. They smiled softly at her and makes a heart with their hands.

" Aira, I want to give you a piggyback ride." Shawn offers. 

" I'm not a kid anymore Shawn," Aira said. 

Shawn didn't listen to Aira and did it anyway. Aira blushes as Shawn runs with Aira on his back smiling and laughing along with Aiden. For some odd unknown reason, Aira started smiling and laughing. 

After a few minutes, Aria fell asleep while Shawn still gave her a piggyback ride when they got home. 

" Put Aira in bed, please...I'm guessing she had a hard day." the mom said. 

Shawn goes in Aira's room and places her on the bed. He puts a blanket over her and kisses her forehead. 

" Sweet dreams Aira. You are my wonderful sister..Don't forget that." He closes the door with a little-opened space and walks away. 

~ End