I Love You|Barry Allen x Reader

A cute one-shot for CoraEx because she's been waiting so patiently for her request 💓 she really is the best.

One could say that Barry Allen was the textbook example of a gentleman.

It must have been because he would make sure to always walk you home during the nights where you would spend an entire evening hanging out in S.T.A.R Labs with his pals, especially the nights it was way past your bedtime, or that he would go out of his way to cheer you up after a mentally draining week, usually involving simple yet sweet dates to a café downtown and letting you rant all your problems to him. Sometimes, he even let you get on his back and he'd take you on a run.
He was an ever-present listening ear, eyes maintaining contact with yours as he would hold your hand, rubbing smooth circles on the back of it as he listened attentively before giving his thoughts on whatever you were talking about. (Which he was really good at!) He would insert some of his nerdy jokes in between, eyes crinkling into laughter as you shook your head over a particularly bad joke.

You knew full well how sincere and deep his feelings for you ran in the way he never pushed you beyond your comfort zone, always making sure you were completely comfortable when and wherever the two of you were. You were not the only one who saw it, however, as he held the door open for you to step into the building, a warm yet charming smile adorning his face.

"After you," he smiled so adorably, and from the corner of your eyes, you could see your parents walking in a distance off your right side, your father giving your boyfriend a nod of approval whilst your mother looked as if she was trying to hold back a squeal. You had never been worried about introducing Barry to your parents, and you were rightly so - no one could resist Barry Allen's natural charms and gentle smiles.

And in that very moment, you knew you were lucky to be loved and be in love with a man like him.