23

*Jessies POV*

I open my eyes to find I'm welcomed by darkness. I feel pain everywhere. The worst is the shooting pain in my leg. I feel like a giant beat me with an entire tree and the proceeded to stomp all over me. Then I remember what happened, and indeed a giant did beat me. A giant jerk. The pain in my leg must be where he stabbed me.

I scream when I feel something touch me.

"Whoever is here, get the hell away from me!" I cry out.

I'm comforted when I hear the whine of a wolf. It's Maddie. Then, an overwhelming emptiness courses through me as I remember that we've been separated and that she's not Indes of me.

"Maddie!" I choke out a sob and throw my arms around her. She nuzzles her nose against me.

"Maddie, what are we going to do?" I manage to ask between the sobs. She whimpers again.

Just then, a blinding light comes on in the room. I have no idea who it is because I don't have wolf senses, and my nose is probably broken and I can't smell. I can't see who it is either because I'm not used to the light and have to close my eyes.

"I see you've finally awaken Jessie," Danny's chilling voice enters my ears.

"Danny, leave us alone," I croak out, but my voice is raspy and barely louder than a whisper.

"Now why would I do that?" This time Maddie growls out and snaps her teeth at him.

"Now we can't have this," he points at Maddie and I laying together, "or this," he grabs Maddie snout roughly.

Then he takes out come chains and reties Maddie to the wall. The chains are short so we won't be able to reach each other once Danny leaves. She cries out in pain, and I realize that they must be silver chains. Danny has gloves on so he probably is only slightly feeling the silver.

He goes to tie me up with the silver too, but stops.

"I guess there's no point in putting silver on you, since you can't feel it, yet." He smirks.

"What do you mean, yet?"

"I mean that once the wolfsbane wears out on Maddie, you'll be able to feel each others pain... which make hogs a lot more interesting for me."

Without waiting for a reply he turns the lights out and leaves.

Maddie doesn't stop whimpering. We both sit in pain, wondering when it'll get better or worse. Or until at least something happens.

"Maddie I have some questions," I tell her, "one bark for yes, two for no."

She barks once in reply.

"Did they inject wolfsbane into you after I was knocked out?"

Again she barks only once.

"Did they tell you any plan or anything?"

Too my disappointment barks twice. Her barks are very light and they are strained. I know she's in pain but I need to know if she knows anything that could help us.

"Do you know what happens when the wolfsbane runs out?"

One bark.

"Do you-" she cuts me off with exciting yelps.

"What? What is it? Do you smell somebody? Like Malaki?"

Two hard barks of no. Darn. But then why is she acting happy.

"Is it anything to do with Malaki?" Ty relief she only barks once. There's something about Malaki that she knows that's a good thing for us. He's not here, so there's only one possible thing she can do that I can't.........