22

*Jessies POV*

No. No it can't be. It's not. He's just captive too, right?

No. He's not. He is a traitor.

I look into his blue and and notice his hair is messier than usual.

It's Connor.

*****

*Connors POV*

Here she is. In my grasp, now I can cause Malaki the same pain he caused me.

*****

*Maddies POV*

I knew I recognized his scent!! I let out a low growling try to jump at him. To everyone's surprise my chains break and I'm on top of Connor. I growl again. I go to bite his throat when suddenly I'm thrown off of him. Connor, Danny, and somebody else push me against the wall, and chain me up again, but this time with bigger, heavier chains.

Then Connor turns around and grabs Jessie and says "I'm not going to her your for misbehaving, I'll hurt Jessie, and if Jessie misbehaves then you'll be hurt. Got it?" Then he starts beating Jessie. Over and over, but after hit. Danny and the other wolf join in. I whine in hopes they will stop but the don't. Then Connor takes out a knife.

I howl as he plunges the knife into her leg, she can die easier now since I'm not connected to her. Hen he slowly draws the knife out of her leg and looks to me. Her screams as he does this to her will never leave my mind. I've seen her in pain, and felt her pain when she was with Danny, but this was even worse. I fear for her life.

*****

*still Maddies POV, but some time has passed*

I know I need to try to connect with Max or Kolby or Lilly.

'Max? Max please answer me. Max?' I try calling out.

'Maddie?' His voice fills my head.

'Max! It's really bad. Please come. Help us!'

'Maddie! Calm down. Tell me what happened, sorry it took a while for me to answer. Malaki and I had to shift'

'It's okay, but Jessie is dying. She's not doing well without me, and Danny and his Alpha just beat her really badly. That's not even the worst part'

'What's the worst part' I can sense the panic in his voice.

'Connor, your beta, is the one doing this to us'

There is silence. Max she doesn't answer me.

'Max?'

Nothing.

'Maddie?' Finally his voice fills my mind. I can tell he's angry. My poor mate.

'Ya I'm here! Don't do that again! I'm all alone here because Jessie is unconscious. Don't disappear!'

'Sorry, but did you say Connor?'

'Yes. And I'm sorry to say that. He said he's doing this to us because...' I trail off. I don't know how to tell him.

'Maddie tell me. Why is her doing this?!'

'Because you killed his mate, and he wants revenge, by killing us, but also making us suffer the way he has suffered. That's why he separated us, and I tried to escape and I almost killed him, but then he beat the crap out of Jessie. She hasn't woken up yet and it's been a few hours, I'm worried'

Max swears a couple times.

'Connor just came back into our territory. How long ago did he leave?'

'I'd say three hours, maybe. But he could've left after a while after beating Jessie. Play it cool and then follow him. I gotta go, Jessie is stirring'

And I cut the link.

*****
Short chapter, but I just wanted to post. I'll make the next chapter longer, I promise