Chapter eighteen

I felt a sharp pain on the side of my leg and also felt blood on me but somehow I couldn’t wake up “Kat, Zack, where are you!” “Christi!” Jake’s voice was close, “Katherine!” Jake arms wrapped around me and pulled me out the car, “Kat wake up,” I opened my eyes slowly, but it felt like there were glued shut, “Where’s Zack?” “Alex is getting him out the car and Christi…I’m still looking for her. Does anything hurt?” Jake asked me, “No just bruised and cut up,” I said grabbing a hold of Jake and standing up, “Take it easy we all took a big fall here surprised you’re not hurt as bad,” I nodded, “Jake we need the first aid kit Zack’s cut is pretty bad!” Jake ran, “Here take care of him I’m going to find Christi!” Jake shouted, “Hey Kat I think you might want to look at this,” Alex called out to me, “What?” I said walking around the car to his side, “I need your help can you hold him up so I can wrap this around him?” I nodded my head.

      As Alex wrapped Zack up I saw my katana in the back of the car, “Hold on okay,” Grabbing it I put it back in the waistband I grabbed Alex’s katana too, “Here,” I said tossing it at him “Thanks,” I sat back down holding zack, “Is he okay?’ I whispered, “Yeah the cut wasn’t that bad, but he can’t move as much,” I nodded my head, “I found her she fell out the window at the top of the road!” Jake said carrying her down, “Kat!” She screamed jumping out his arms and running to me, “God your okay! I thought you all were dead!” She said hugging me, “Were fine,” I looked back down at Zack.

      I looked back up at her and saw she was worried, “Christi, why did you take wheel from Jake?” I asked puzzled “I saw someone running across the street a little girl I didn’t want Jake to hit her so I took over, but before I knew we were flipping and then I fell out while you guys rolled down the hill and then crashed. I’m sorry,” She wept as treat slowly fell down her cheeks, “its okay,” I got up and walked over to Jake, “So what now?” Jake looked at me, “Once Zack is healed were going to keep moving hopefully we can find another car,” Jake said putting his arm around me, “Seems like everytime we get close to somewhere something happens and bring us three steps back,” “True, but were still fighting right?” I nodded my head, “Still Zack I want to keep all of you safe,” Jake looked at me, “You’ve been fighting Kat and keeping us safe what more can you do?” I looked at him, “Get you guys out this hell,” He pulled me closer, “You’ve done a lot Katherine don’t push yourself okay,” he kiss my head, “Your like my sister she always kept me safe,” He said while walking away, “Jake! Don’t die on me okay!” I said remembering my brother, “Sure thing as long as you do the same for me,”

     I watched him as he walked away and go to Christi. I walked back over to the car checking on Zack, “Kat come here,” Zack said patting on a spot next to him, “Katherine please don’t give up okay I know you, but don’t,” “I won’t” He looked at me, “once we get out of this I promise I’ll keep you safe,” I nodded my head, “Tell Jake to get me out of here I feel better,” “Okay,”

     I got up and walked over to Jake, “Zack said he feels better and wants to come with us,” Jake looked at me, “Come here,” he said pulling me away from the others, “We can’t move him just yet were going to have to wait till tomorrow,” I looked down, “Oaky,” I said looking a Jake, “He’s fine just needs rest,” I walked back to the car and looked at Zack, but he was asleep, “Kat! Jake!” Christi cried running to us, “What?” “The zombies there are coming!” I ran back p the hill and saw the group, “Guys get ready! Alex I’m going to need your help!” I said pulling him with me, “what?’ “I need you to help me fight you and I…I mean both f us are the same okay how we fight… just help me!” he nodded his.

     We ran back up the hill while the others got their guns, “Let’s go,” Alex said smiling we both took down the first three zombies then went after the others. I watched Alex and how he moved, but he also watched me and how I moved it was the same somehow. I ran and jump slicing one of the zombies head off. As more of them came I twisted myself as far as I could then spun around cutting six of them in the stomach and then finishing them off I sliced off the necks.