Chapter Twenty Six

Once we reached the Hotel Alexis locked herself in the bathroom...she didn't scream nor make a sound yet she was quiet and I was worried, but I couldn't help her if she didn't let me. I sat down on the edge of the bed and looked out the window wondering...thinking how anything could ever change...or would it ever be the same again. Going back to when life was normal I had never dreamed of life like this never saw me or anyone fighting off the living dead just to live...each and everyday fighting for food...no I never dreamed of anything like this. I looked back at the bathroom door...it was still shut and locked, but I didn't know if I should go and see if she was okay or not.

    I walked passed the door again and again hoping to hear her at least cry, but i heard nothing...not a single noise, "Alexis?" I said knocking on the bathroom door, "Alexis?" I turned the knob, but it still wouldn't open, "Hey Alexis! Open the door," I shouted banging, "Alexis!" I backed up a little bit then I started kicking the door down, "Alexis!" I screamed as I made a hole in the door big enough for me to reach the lock. As I opened the door the first thing I saw was blood, but the more I opened it the more it felt like time was slowing down like in a movie, "Alexis!" I cried as I ran to her falling right beside her, "Someone help please!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, "Alexis please!" I cried as I took the blade from her hand. She had cut herself on both of her wrist blood spilling all over her, "HELP PLEASE!" I screamed again as I heard our front room door being opened, "Miss?" It was the same voice from before, "Zack..." I whispered as I stood up covered in Alexis blood, "Miss..." I looked up at the mans face and for those few seconds how he looked...his hair in his face, the dirt on him and blood, his blue eyes, "Zack?" I said looking up at him, "Hey get the doctor!!" He shouted pushing pass me running to her side, "Miss I need you to stay with me," he rushed over to her side, "Zack..."

    They rushed inside the room five to six people at once running pass me almost stumbling over me, "Alexis?" I whispered to myself as I looked over at her lying on the ground half way gone. I was covered in blood...her blood...it covered my hands and my shirt the blade she had was now cutting into my hand as I held onto it..., "Katherine right?" the guy named Seth was now kneeling beside me looking at me with worry, "I need you to leave the room and wait outside," He said as he helped me up. I only nodded my head sill in shock from the amount of blood I has seen...though I should be used to it... somehow I still felt weak just by looking at it. It was hours before they even stepped outside hours before I was even let back into the room. Though I was worried something inside me kept me calm like I knew for a fact everything would be alright. I sat down right outside the door waiting for them to at least tell me if she was going to be okay or not. Once I heard the door open I stood up looking at Seth, "There going to take her for now...she's okay," he said looking at the ground, "We want to leave," I said stopping him before he left, "What do you mean leave?" he questioned me, "We want out of here!" I shouted at him as he started walking away, "What...are you crazy have you seen what it's like out there!" he shouted back at me, "its crazy your safe here..." I stopped him, "We had been on our own out there for over a year I think we can make it just one more! This place won't make it none of the other safe zones did they all-came-crashing-burning-down and we both won't stick around for it too happen again!" I shouted at him as he looked at me.

   He knew I was right he knew this place wouldn't last and he also knew we were all safer out there where we could run and fight instead of sitting here waiting for this place to come crashing down and being stuck in here when it all happens. I started to walk pass him when he grabbed my arm and pulled me back in front of him, "He won't let you leave," He said looking down at m, "W...why?" I asked puzzled, "He never let anyone leave not one person can leave this place no matter what he will stop you," He mumbled. I looked up at him, "Katherine please...even if he lets you out there are no weapons left nothing you both will be killed..." "Seth shut up," Nick the man from before said to Seth, "We can go with them remember how once we wanted to leave...names Katherine right?" he said looking at me, "Yeah." I said to him, "We'll help you both escape IF Seth and I can go with you," Nick said smiling at me. I didn't want to say yes but if that was the way for us to get out of here then I would take that risk of bring them with us, "Fine, but we do things my way or you both can go to hell," I growled at them, "You got tomorrow night were leaving Seth Katherine meet me at the west gate at 12:00 don't be late," Nick said walking away waving his hand.