Chapter ten

We walked for miles, but i didn't care anymore, all i could think of was Kelly and the others, and just  how i let them down, my mother especially. I promised her to take care of my brother and now he's gone just like that. i didn't think i could keep living like this, keeping on my toes watching every little thing keeping to yourself not even knowing when your time is up. Then again it was life, but somehow i wish i could fine the person who did this and just kill him or her it wasn't supposed to end like this, "Katherine?"Zack said holding me back, "What?" i groaned, "Look," He said pointing to the group of zombies, "We can take them down Zack," I protested and walked away, "Kat don't!" he pleaded, "Shut up!" i ran up to them smashing in their head with my axe, "Katherine!!!" Zack shouted at me as he pulled me away, "Stop this okay just stop!" He said shaking me, "All right then. You don't need to get mad I’m trying to keep us safe," I sulked, "Katherine what’s been up with you! You have been acting crazy!" Zack shouted as he still held my arms, "Katherine you need to stop. Okay i get it you lost Kelly, but still we need to keep going!!"

Zack and i stood there not looking at each other, "Katherine you can't do this to your self do you understand me i need you to stay alive for me and for the others okay. We can get out of this," I pulled away, "Zack you don't understand..." He stopped me, "No i do your hurting and in pain! I get how it feels okay i couldn't save my sister back when we first met okay! I lost her i let her down so i get it!" He screamed at me as he pushed me back. I sat there thinking back...back at the apartments when he said he's has someone here, "I know how you feel Kat and I’m sorry," I remembered seeing him walking away. I didn't know, "Zack, i...I'm sorry," I said as i picked myself back up it was my fault again he lost someone because of me, "Don’t you dare say it's your fault!" he shouted "I know i should of saved Kelly i know i should of gone back and helped, but i had to save you," "I had to keep you safe Katherine i needed you!" "Still..." he stopped me, "I didn't care about Kelly okay i didn't want to save her i only wanted to save you!" i started to grow furious, "I was in the room with her when it happen and when i saw the first zombie i made a run for it and got you!" i looked at him in hate, "Zack how could you she was a little girl! You knew how much she meant to me!" "That’s just it you care more about her than me or yourself! I need you alive i needed you to start seeing yourself as someone to care of!" "Zack why you could have saved her she was only six years old how could you have had left her like that! Why didn't you just tell me if you hated her you could have left?" "I did care about her she was a sister to me and i loved you, but i didn't want her and she was going to die anyways with the sickness!" "Still Zack she had time!"

   "You don't understand do you i cared about you and i needed to save you i wanted to help Kelly!" "Then why didn't you!" I hissed, "Because of what Sean told me!" i stopped and looked at him, “And What Sean told you?" he nodded his head "He told if Kelly ever got sick to free her of this hell he told me that if it ever came to it to set her free," I looked at him then remembered what Sean had told me in the car ride before Zack came along he had told me the same thing, but at that time i didn't understand, "I had to do it i promised Sean i just didn't want you to know because i cared about you and i love you, " "Zack, why didn't you tell me really, Sean told me the same thing a long time ago too i would of understood," I said grabbing his hand, "Because i didn't want to hurt you," "Zack still you should of said something to me," " I know and i am really sorry Kat," Zack said as he looked at me, "Come on lets go," I said as i helped him up

  The thought lingered in my head i could still see the play in my head how he took me out of there how he pulled me away, "Kat you okay?" Zack said to me as he grabbed my hand, "Yeah just thinking," I still couldn't see how Zack could leave Kelly i couldn't even do that and Sean told me the same thing. I understood she was sick but what if there was something that could of helped her or something, or maybe save her and made her better. It wasn't the fact that i didn't want her free it was the fact i still wanted to help her and make her better, but then again she was back with brother, "Katherine?" Zack said as he stopped me, "Yeah?" He shook his head and turned around.