Chapter fourteen

Were dove for a while till we came across a bridge, “Looks like it leads to another town,” Jake said as he stood up from the back of the truck, “Just go I have a feeling those zombies are coming up from behind us,” Christi said, “Alright let’s go,” Tony said as he started the truck again. We hadn’t seen a zombie for a while now witch I hope meant they were all dead, but that was just my wish. I gazed at the clear blue water as we drove over the bridge, “Beautiful right,” Christi said as she did the same, but all I did was nod my head.

   We drove for about another good two or three hours before we came to a stop, “Another gas station?” Jake said as he jumped out, “Yeah a truck uses a lot of gas. Now let’s hope there still some up in here,” Tony said as we jumped out of the back, “All clear!” Jake said as e came walking out of the store. As I walked in I got food and water for us as Zack looked for any weapons we could use, “Zack?” I said as he had stopped looking, “Zack?” I said as I walked up behind him. As I put my hand on his shoulder I ducked down behind as he spun around and tried to hit me, “Zack!” I cried out as I stood back up, “Katherine I’m sorry I thought you were a…” “Next time Zack I swear just shoot me I’ve been hit enough,” I said laughing, “Come here,” Zack said as he pulled me into his arms. I always felt safe when I was it was like nothing could ever hurt me or get to me, “I’m sorry okay,” He said as he kissed my head, “Come on let’s go,” He sighed as he pulled me along with him, “Get in!” tony shouted as we all ran back in the truck.

   It was good timing to because a few zombies popped out at us, “Well it looks like they found us,” Zack said as more of them came, “No it’s just because we’re closer to the city there going to be more of them,” I said looking ahead. Worried I kept to myself during the rest of the ride. Once we reached the city Tony pulled into a hotel parking the truck as we shot down the zombies that came around.

   They were still killing off the zombies, but there were too many of them. Raising my bat high I let out a battle cry as I ran towards the mass of zombies. The first one was an easy kill one blow to the head and its head came flying off trying to hold back the gag I ran to the next one. As I came to the next one it was harder to kill, but I still got them, “Katherine go inside and help Tony!” Jake shouted as he shot three more zombies, “Okay!” I shouted back as I ran inside.

   As I ran inside I came across to see an old woman step out from the shadows. She was wearing an old, dirty gray dress. Her hair was wild and gray just like her cold dead eyes. The old woman looked at me and came charging at me but I instantly ducked as she went jumping over me. As I stood back I ran and jumped over the table as she came running after me. Her old gray eyes turned back as she came charging at me again knocking me down, “GET OFF!” I cried out as I pulled out my gun and shot her, “Katherine you okay?” Jake said as he came running in “A little late to help me Jake I said as I pushed the old woman off, “Well now next time I’ll be on time I promise,” Jake said as he helped me up.

    As I walked around the hotel trying to find Tony I came across endless bodies of zombie, “God!” I whispered as I held my breath you could smell the foul rotting bodies covered in fly’s it made you want to throw-up. Then a humming noise came from one of the rooms, “Tony?” I said as I tried opening the door, “Dam it!” I cried out as I need the key to get in, “Katherine you called for me?” Tony said popping up out of nowhere making me jump, “Yeah just wanted to know if you need help with anything?” Tony shook his head and walked back to where he was, “Get back!” I heard the guys shooting again as I pulled out my gun I ran down to see what was going on, “Z…Holy, “Come help us!” Jake shouted as a masses group of zombies came running in as I started shooting the number of zombies started to count down as more of them were kill, “You guys I need help,” I shouted as I took out my bat. It was that sound of their skull being smashed in it’s a sound so terrible you can’t forget it. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I jumped a little. I’ve been alone for a while now keeping to myself and not paying attention to anything around me, not even Zack.