Chapter seventeen

Walking out the Wal-Mart Jake and the others were packing up food and water in the back while Christi sat in the back keeping to herself. Getting in the car things seem quieter, "Christi what's wrong?" i said looking at her in the review mirror, "Nothing i just keep thinking about everything," She said bushing back her hair in a ponytail, "We can make it out don't worry okay," I said as she smiled at me, “Okay,” “You guys ready?” Jake said as he got in the car, “Yeah let’s get out of here,” Christi and I said, “Hey you guys hurry it up back there!” Jake called out to Zack and Alex.

     We still had a long way to go to get to Washington still I had some hope hidden under all the anger and hate somewhere I still believed that we could be free then again after all I have seen there might just be no such thing. The drive from here on out would take at least six days if not more plus if somehow we lost the car it would take more than a month walking. So anyway we could somehow something or somehow something will always try to stop us. Then again it was the way of life, “Ummm guys I’m sure we can go anymore,” Jake said looking at something on the street, “What now?” Christi complained, “Well unless you guys are up for a fight I say we go under the bridge,” Looking ahead I saw about ten or more demons blocking our path, “Great, well we could use a wake up I say we fight,” I said happily, “She’s right if not how are we going to face them later?” Zack said getting his guns ready while Alex got out his katana along with me.

    “Let’s do this,” Jake said smiling at me while he got out the car, “And let’s try to keep the car out of this okay,” Christi said pulling out her gun, “No promises,” I got a head start walking up to one of the demons I grimaced and then walked towards the demon. I looked into the face of the demon and realized it was a girl. She didn’t seem to see me like she was blind. She also looked like a little girl about Kelly’s age maybe…wait her hair, “Z…ZACK!” I cried studying her more her face the bit mark on her cheek her eye color the bracelet on her left wrist, “Zack!” I whisper/yelled, “Kat…” His eyes got big as he stood behind me, “Kelly?” She was a demon, but how she was dead when I last saw her…unless those demons had some kind of way of bring them back when they really died, “How is she alive I killed her,” I looked at her skin how it was a blue/purple her eyes red as blood her lips quivered, and her nails looked like they cut through anything, “Zack I can’t kill her,” “Hold on okay I’ll be back,” he said taking off leaving me scared stiff in front of her.

     A low growl escaped her lips and she attracted me knocking me back yet again making me hold her away, “Kelly,” I said as tears filled my eyes. I looked into her eyes it was like she was begging me to kill her. The pleading I saw she wanted this to end, “S…Sissy,” Her voice was a faint, “Kelly!” She was still in there I knew it she was still alive. She looked at me grabbing my hand, “Katherine!” Alex called out, “Sissy,” it was a growl but she still knew me she remembered me, “Katherine!” Zack called running to. I nodded my head brushing back her hair feeling the saltiness of my tears falling down my face, “Kelly I love you,” I whispered as I brought her closer holding the knife in my hand I killed her, “No,” I pushed her off of me laying her on her back looking at her face, “Katherine behind you!” I rolled to the other side of Kelly as a demon came running at me. Getting back up I got my katana and started off running at it, “Kat, don’t!” as o swung and hit it, it’s head came right off landing right in front of me, “Katherine we got to go,” Alex said pulling me away from the demon, “Come on!” I pulled away running back with Zack.

    Jake was right that was to many to take down, “Come on back In the car!” running back I took the drivers set while everyone else got in, “?Hang on its about to get bumpy,” “Wait you can’t just go through them!” Jake shouted, “Oh yes I can!” I said as I started the car, “Kat look how tall they are were going to flip over if we do! Please just turn around!” Jake shouted, but as much as I wanted to run them down he was right we would flip over I couldn’t lose anymore else, “Fine,” I said back up the car and turning around.