Chapter Twenty

Ashley

"Come on, Ash, we're going to be late." Nathaniel says, knocking on my bedroom door.

"I'm not going." I say bluntly. I needed to stay home and clear up my mind. He opens the door and gives me a questioning look.

"What do you mean you're not going?" He asks.

"It means. I'm not coming to school, get out." I groan, hiding under my duvet.

"What happened?" He asks, I felt the space beside me dip, signaling that Nathaniel sat on my bed.

"Leave me alone." I mumble.

He throws the duvet open and I jump, whipping my head to look at him.

"Tell me what's wrong." He demands.

"I just have a lot of thinking to do and a lot of homework to catch up on." I say, half-lying.

"Fine," Nathaniel says, sighing. "I'll make up an excuse to mum as to why you're not going."

"Thanks, you're the best." I say, smiling and giving him a quick hug. He stands up and leaves, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I pull the duvet up onto my shoulder and flip over, staring outside the window.

Why did Zayn kiss me? How is that proving that I liked Niall when it proved that I liked Zayn instead? As much as I enjoyed the kiss, I didn't either. I don't know if it's because Zayn has girlfriend or..

Or I like Niall?!

Oh, God.

I like Niall.

I sat up on my bed and sighed, frustratingly running my hand through my face and my hair. I stand up and walk into my bathroom, taking a quick shower and made myself look presentable even thought I had nowhere to go. I sat down in front of my laptop and open it, I open up Facebook and I jump at how much notifications I had.

I had 7 unread messages, 23 unnoticed notifications, 15 friend requests.

I didn't really go on Facebook a lot so I wasn't very surprised. I clicked on 'Notifications' and scrolled through it, the majority of it were just game requests. I looked at my unread messages and my lips broke off to a smile as I spotted my dad's name on it.

From: Zach Johnson

To: Ashley Johnson

Hey princess! Just came to tell you that I miss all of you, I'm swinging by for a visit on the 5th. See you soon! love you x

My eyes widen and I stand up abruptly. I look at the little bar on my laptop that said the date and indeed it read '7/5/14'

"Mum!" I shout, jumping up and down.

"What?" Mum walks in minutes later with a tray of food in her hands. "Your brother said you had a massive stomach and head ache and you couldn't stand up, what are you doing on your feet jumping up and down?"

"If you see the message dad sent me you'd be doing the same!" I chirp, grinning widely.

"Oh, darn it. Your father said he was going to come visit us today, didn't he?" She asks, smiling. "I wanted it to be a surprise."

I nodded over enthusiastically and squealed.

"I haven't seen him in ages! I mean, sure I saw him for a brief moment in California. But, that wasn't enough. I hadn't seen him for years." I sigh, smiling.