Chapter Eighteen

Ashley

I clip the hair near my face to the back of my head with a hairbow so it wasn't getting in my sight. I straighten down the floral dress I had put on and looked at the mirror to make sure I looked fine. I nod and hoped to God I wasn't too gussied up.

"Going out?" Nathaniel asks as he opens the door to my bedroom and leaning on the door frame.

I nod and walk out of room, pushing Nathaniel to the side. For the past few days he had been lecturing me about Niall, I think he's over reacting honestly. His overly protective side was showing more often and I don't know if I appreciate it or not.

"If you're going out with Niall, I swear to god Ashley." Nathaniel says as he follows me down the stairs.

"Why do you care?" I ask as I sit down on the couch and turn on the TV.

"Because I don't want you to be fooling around with him." He answers, sitting down next to me.

"Says the boy who was making out with Ally yesterday." I scoff.

"Will you just shut up about that?" Nathaniel groans, putting the emphasis on 'shut up'.

"I've only just brought it up!" I glare at him.

"Know you're going to bring it up more." Nathaniel says, rolling his eyes.

"It's your fault." I shrug. "You thirsty little boy." I tease.

"Shut up!" Nathaniel says in a high pitched voice and then clears his throat.

I let out a loud laugh and got up from the couch, walking over to the kitchen and opening the fridge.

"I'm serious though, I'd rather you with Zayn than with Niall." Nathaniel says, following me into the kitchen.

"Zayn has a girlfriend!" I shout, letting out a breathy laugh and closing the fridge seeing as there was nothing to eat. "And he's obviously just interested on only being friends."

Nathaniel narrows his eyes at me, as if he was reading me. I squirm uncomfortably in his stern gaze.

"Something happened between you and Zayn." Nathaniel says as he continued to look at me with the same narrowed eyes. "I can see it in your eyes that you're not telling me something."

"What? No!" I let out another breathy laugh and scratch the back of my neck.

"You're being so obvious." He says, laughing. "Tell me." He then says sternly.

"Nothing happened, Nate." I say, walking away from him.

"Don't make me ask Zayn."

I stop in my tracks and turn to look at Nathaniel.

"He won't say anything because he simply doesn't know." I nod, a smug grin on my face knowing that this would end the argument.

"Doesn't know what?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

Shit. I can't lie now.

I let out a sigh before taking in a deep breath.

"Would you get mad at me if I told you Zayn kissed me while he was drunk?" I ask, forcing on a smile.

"HE DID WHAT?!" Nathaniel shouts, slamming his hands on the table.

I flinch and jump back. "If it makes it any better I didn't kiss him back." I loud whisper, suddenly afraid of Nathaniel.

"I'm going to kill Zayn." Nathaniel grumbles.

"I thought you wanted me with him?" I ask, raising and eyebrow.