Chapter Ten

Last edited: 4/20/17
__________________________

Ashley

The days went by fast, next thing I know it was the day we fly to California. I got up from bed and went inside the bathroom. I glance at the mirror and did a double take, my appearance freighting me. I must've fell asleep with my makeup on, it was smudged everywhere and I looked like a bride that was jilted at the altar and I cried for 3 days straight. My hair was sticking out in every direction and I had a pounding headache.

I groaned and grabbed for my makeup wipe sluggishly. I accidentally typed over a hairspray bottle that landed straight onto my foot. I yelped and whispered profanities at myself as I clutched it in pain.

I cleaned myself up and smiled at myself in the mirror, proud that I finally look like Ashley and not a woman from some Asian horror movie. I was too lazy and tired to look all gussied up today, so I just put on a few coats of mascara and let my hair down. I changed into a sweatshirt, with a tank top underneath, and shorts. I walk downstairs into the kitchen and ruffled Nathaniel's hair.

"What's up, Nate?" I asked.

"Ready to get out of this country with shitty weather," He answered, shrugging.

I smile and made myself a bowl of cereal. I and sat down next to Nate and we ate our food on silence. I dump my bowl into the sink and jog upstairs. I made sure I had everything I needed in my luggage and started to bring it down the stairs. I struggle to bring it down and tripped on my own feet.

"Shit!" I shrieked before tripping down the stairs. I hit the bottom of the stairs on my back with a loud thud. I groan in pain and Nathaniel exited his room in alarm.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I tripped and fell down the stairs," I stated the obvious, whimpering in pain.

He snickered and walked downstairs. He helped me up to my feet and pulls up my luggage, "Be careful next time."

My mum exits her room with a toothbrush in her hand, "Wah happon?" She asked through a mouth full of toothpaste, looking confused and alert.

"Ashley, being her clumsy and stupid self, fell down the stairs," Nathaniel said.

"Shut up," I said and smacked his arm lightly.

He chuckles and walks back upstairs to grab his luggage. We hurl our stuff into the car and decided to chill outside on the backyard before we had to leave.

"So, you and Ally," I said "What's going on?"

"Well, I kissed her," He said nonchalantly.

I gasped and gawked at my brother, "Details! Details!" I shouted, "not too much details though, gross."

He laughed, "Well, there's not much 'detail' to it. We were just chilling and it kind of just.. happened."

"Well, that's boring."

"What about you and Niall?"

"There's no 'you and Niall'," I laughed

"Are you sure? be―"

Our mum barges through the backyard and looks at us," Time to go," She said, smiling at us.

Nathan and I got up from our seats and walked out. We hopped in the car along with my other three annoying siblings. My mum starts to drive, she started to talk about what to do and what not to do, but instead of saying 'I know mum! I'm 17!' I just ignored her and kept quiet the whole ride to the airport. If it made her feel more comfortable to preach these things to us, then so be it