T H E M O V E - T E N

"I could never let them find me" I spoke to my cousin Mercedes.

"Let who find you?" She asked surprisingly. I remained quiet and her eyes got big "Carter talk to me!"

"I honestly think some niggas want to see me dead."

"Why? Because you sell durgs?"

"Nah that's not why" She brought her eyebrows together. "Then why?"

I chuckled "Because they know what I am capable of and the information I know, I know too much for my own good, if i could fake a death I could"

Mercedes looked at me before laughing "Nigga please"

"déjame en paz te cagas bolsas" Mercedes screamed as the men threw her down harshly on the ground. She had no idea where she was or who these men were.

"Bitch speak english" Will said then slapping the shit out of Mercedes. She slowly turned her face towards them in pure anger.

"What do you want?" She spoke clearly.

"Just some information sexy, if your luck we may not even hurt you...that bad" He laughed.

"es probable que tenga un pene pequeño" Mercedes said to herself then laugh, as if she just didn't get slapped a moment ago.

"keep speaking that shit and we may have to pop a few in ya" Rob spoke harshly.

Mercedes can't remember shit before this but she do recognize these voices. As they rambled on and on about some bullshit Mercedes sat in deep thought about who these men could be or better yet, who are they working for.

"So what do you know about Carter..." Rob said looking directly into Mercedes eyes.

"I don't know a Carter" Mercedes lied.

Rob chuckled "So you just gone lie like that bitch? Look I am not fucking dumb.. so what you know about Carter bitch?"

"Look... I don't know anything! Just let me go"

Mercedes was definitely telling the truth that time. She hasn't heard from Carter in four years and why are these guys so worried about it.

"Why y'all want to know?" Mercedes questioned.

"Because he knows where something is and that something happens to be my bosses..." Rob replied.

"Look Will this bitch obviously doesn't know shit... so just let her go man!" Rob said.

I N M A N H A T T A N / A C O U P L E O F D A Y S L A T E R

Passion had majority of she and Aaliyah's things packed, the little they did have. Even though she had to kill a few roaches their things are packed. Passion has a few thousand that could keep her and Aaliyah alive for the next month or so but this wasn't going to cut it. She thought about the call she got from Angel. Being a video vixen? Passion really needs to explore her other options because she does have a child.

Passion notified Javon that she had all there things packed and waited for him.

As they waited Passion looked on her phone playing a game she just recently downloaded. Both her and Aaliyah like to play that game, it was called Candy Crush.

"Damn" Passion groaned, she had been playing the same level for days and was ready to go to the next.

Just as she was about to tap her finger again their was a knock on the door. Looking out the peephole it was Javon ans Passion unlocked the door, opening it.

"This is all P?" Javon asked looking at the few boxes.

"Yeah" Passion lightly smiled. "Aight then my truck is in the front, I'll get everything... just make sure we being no extra friends" Javon replied referring to the roaches or any other bugs.

In less that thirty minutes Javon was done packing the car up and they were all in the car.

"Baby you hungry?" Passion asked Aaliyah.

"Yes mama... but just a tiny bit.." She replied.

"So you want a snack or something?"

"Mhmm!"

"Javon can we stop at this corner store, so I could get her something?"

"Yeah sure thing" He replied pulling into the parking lot.

Going into the store Passion got out along with Aaliyah in her arms. As they both entered the store a bell rung off signaling the workers that they have customers. Going to the back where the drinks were in a freezer, Passion opened one and got a red bull.

"Baby want you want?" Passion asked Aaliyah.

"Some cookies!" She replied.

Passion looked down the aisle and saw a package of oreo cookies and grabbed them for Aaliyah. After purchasing the two items Passion and Aaliyah made their way back out to the car where Javon was waiting patiently.

"Y'all good?" He asked.

Passion nodded "Yeah" as she buckled her seatbelt. Passion looked down and she got a few messages from Angel.

Angel: You doing it or nah?

Anglel: Poison lemmeee know? the manager guy is waiting.

Passion looked at the messages as she sipped her Red Bull not really sure of what to reply. After many, many thought she quickly replied,

Give me his number and I'll call him...

Passion locked her phone starring out of her window as they drove. It was a very quick thirty mintue ride to Bronx, Mercedes house in particular.

"Javon, thank you soooo much for doing this for us. You have really been a big help and whenever I can repa--"

"Nah, you don't have to repay me at all... I don't mind at all and your welcome" He said then brought her hand to his face giving it a kiss. Passion smiled in return then faced the snenery.

"How long you think you'll be in Bronx P?" He asked.

"Ughh im not sure... but it might be a minute why?"

"Nothing, just asking... now where is your friend house at?"

Passion put the address in Javon's GPS and they were routed towards Mercedes town home. As they pulled into the area. Mercedes looked around and everything looked the same. Javon pulled into a parking space and Mercedes got out. Passion's tan sperry's hit the ground as she began walking to the front door. She placed her hand on the door and gave it a good two knocks then waited.

After thirty seconds Passion began to grow curious. She pulled out her phone dialing Passion's number.

No answer.

Turning around to go back to the car Passion shrugged.

*

Hope you enjoyed it, ik it was short but this little filler was what I needed to get back on track with this story. For a longggggggggg time I was wondering what should come next or changing up a few things, but luckily I know now.

and a big thanks to @miavelli__ for the inspiration lol those words were needed

and also @NickieThomas I swearrrrrrrrr I was up at 12 am lastnight/this morning talking to her about this story and i thank her sooo much for that

and to my readers i love y'all i really do, because I was really on the verge of deleting this story one day but so many of y'all stopped me.

once again thank you ♥