Chapter Thirty Three

Taylor's POV

I've had a great week in Paris with Ed! We've done a bunch of stuff, and the whole time we've both had loads of fun, laughing, smiling, and kissing all day. Today's our last full day here, and Ed says that he's got something special in mind for a brunch. This morning, I woke up, and found his arm wrapped around my waist as he continued to sleep. I smiled, and didn't try to move.

After a little while, Ed woke up. "Good morning. Oh, sorry, this must be uncomfortable." He said, and tried to move away.

"A little bit. Maybe you could make up for it by giving me a kiss?" I asked jokingly, and Ed leaned close and gave me a kiss. "Thanks Ed. You're so...perfect." I said, wrapping my arms around him, and burying my face in his chest.

"Why thank you." He said. "Hey, is there anything bothering you? You seem down." He seemed concerned.

"A little bit. I was thinking about how this is our last day in Paris, and I've been having a bunch of fun. I don't really want it to end." I said, hugging him tight.

"It's OK, love." He consoled me, rubbing my back. "Even if we're not in Paris, we will still be together, having fun, loving each other. The venue just might change a little bit. I love you." He told me, and he kissed the top of my head. "You know, I heard you were going out for brunch today, Mrs. Sheeran." He said, and I giggled. I love it when he calls me that.

"Why yes, I am. My wonderful husband is taking me somewhere." I said, grinning.

"Well, that sounds wonderful. How about you get dressed and ready, and then you could go out to eat?" He suggested. I nodded, gave him another quick kiss, and then got up and ready for the day. When I came back out of the bathroom, I found Ed standing by the front door.

"You look beautiful, darling." He told me, and took my hand as he led me out to the sidewalk. Since we don't have a car, we've been calling taxis, which works out well, since there are a bazillion here, just like New York. We got inside one, and Ed told the driver the address of where we're going, and it sounded familiar, but I couldn't remember why.

"Where are we going?" I childishly whined, and Ed laughed.

"It's a surprise, remember?" He told me, and I pouted. "It's not too far away, though. You could just kiss me the whole way there." He suggested, and I nodded crazily. He quickly unbuckled from his seat, slid over to the middle seat, and then re-buckled himself in. We spent the rest of the way there kissing in the back seat, stopping occasionally for air. When we got there, Ed paid the driver, then hopped out and opened my door for me, helping me out as he did so.

I looked up at the name of the place we were at, and I immediately grinned. "Ed, this is the cafe we filmed the Begin Again music video in!" I said, giving him a hug.

"On a Wednesday, in a cafe, I watched it begin again." He sang, taking my hand and leading me in. We both smiled, and then a waitress came and led us to a table. I ordered an omelet and some coffee, and Ed ordered waffles and tea. I laughed. "What?" He laughed too. "Do you have a problem with my wonderful food choices?" He asked.

"Of course not." I giggled. We made small talk, and then our food came. The waitress set down the waffles in front of Ed, and he grinned like a kid on Christmas. He took a large bottle of syrup and completely drowned the whole waffle in some.

"Now this is the way to properly eat a waffle." He instructed me, and I laughed. "First, you make sure to fill every square with syrup, like so." He gestured to his waffle, and I laughed. "Then, you make sure that when you cut pieces, you make sure to leave them a little large, so that you can get as much waffle-y goodness in your mouth at once." He finished, and I laughed. We ate our brunch, and we paid. We spent the rest of the day looking at all the different places we filmed the Begin Again music video in. Once we'd seen them all, Ed explained to me "See, I wanted to sort of walk through that music video with you because, well, I wanted to show you that love can begin again. Before we started dating, you always seemed worried about love, and maybe you weren't ever going to find it. Then, as we started to date, you had many nightmares about losing me, afraid that you really might, with your logic being that you had lost every other relationship, so you might lose this one too. I wanted to show you that you don't always have to lose everything, just because you have lost things in the past. There can always be an exception to the rule, there can always be something that's different from the others. You don't have to worry about ever losing me, because marriage is a promise that I know I will be able to keep, no matter what. I love you, Taylor Alison Sheeran." He finished, and I smiled. I kissed him.

"Thanks, Ed." I said, in between kisses. When we pulled away, I told him "I really needed that. I've found something so perfect with you, and I was afraid that I might get wrapped up in it, and lose you. I never ever ever ever plan on leaving you, but I've always had a fear that I might push you away. I love you so much." I said, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"You could never push me away, I love you too much." He promised, and we just hugged it out. I clung onto him tight, as if I was afraid he might run away. He slowly rocked me back and forth, singing Tenerife Sea to me. When he finished, I looked up at him, never really thinking about who that song was written for until now.

"Who's that one about?" I asked.

"A beautiful girl with eyes like the ocean, a heart as big as the universe, and my love for her as large as infinity. My wife." He said, and I smiled.

"Awwww... You wrote a song for me!" I gushed, and grinned like a wild idiot. "Ed, you're the best, thank you. I love you." I said.

"Anything for you, Taylor. Anything." He promised, and we walked back to the condo, since we'd already basically walked ourselves halfway there in our tour of the music video stops. Once back, we began packing up our things. We went to bed that night, with Ed's arms wrapped around me.

"Goodnight, love." He whispered.

"Goodnight, Ed." I whispered back. "I love you."

"That's a good thing, because I love you too." He whispered, and it fell asleep in his arms.