Chapter Fourteen

Taylor's POV

I opened the door, frustrated that Ed had hung up on me, but I only had about a second to be frustrated.

"ED!" I screamed as I jumped into his outstretched arms. "You're soaking wet!"

"I've been on your porch since 6 AM. I haven't gotten any sleep either, and I figured your front porch was where I could be within a distance that was considered not leaving." He said softly.

"Oh, come here, come inside. I'm so sorry. I love you, I love you, I love you." I said as he carried me inside and flopped onto the couch.

"No need to be sorry, love. This is all my fault, I never should've left you. I made a promise, and I didn't do a very good job of keeping that promise. I'm so sorry I mess-"

"Shh..." I said, pressing my finger to his lips. "Let's just forget that ever happened OK? We both made mistakes, and neither of us should be blamed for it. Everyone makes mistakes, that's just a part of being human."

"Taylor, you are an angel. Everyday I fall more and more in love with you." He told me. We sat there, and didn't do anything. He rubbed my back, as I sat sideways in his lap, my arms wrapped around him. I eventually dozed off, and I think Ed did too.

The next morning, I woke up earlier than normal. I found I was still in Ed's lap, and he was still asleep. I realized we had fallen asleep late afternoon yesterday, and I guess we slept until now. Content with that thought, I laid my head back down on Ed's shoulder, and thought about how much happier I was, just sitting here with him.

Even though he was still asleep, I sat up a little and I whispered to him "Ed, I love you. Please don't ever leave me, it tears me apart on the inside when you do. I don't think you understand how much you mean to me. You are my everything, and when my everything leaves, it's difficult to keep going. I love you Ed." and with that, I laid back down.

Ed's POV

I woke up about the time Taylor did, but I kept my eyes shut. She was whispering about how much I meant to her, and I was so glad she felt the same way about me as I felt about her. She finished her little speech, then laid back down on me. I pretended to be asleep for a couple more minutes, then pretended to wake up.

"Mmm. Morning Tay." I said, stretching.

"Morning Ed. How'd you sleep last night?" she asked kindly.

"A lot better than the last couple nights." I answered truthfully. "What about you, love?"

"Really, really, really well. We slept for forever." she replied.

"Yeah. I think we were both lacking sleep." I suggested. "Did it bother you that we slept here... like this...all night?"

"No! Not at all. I loved it, just like I love you. Being with you helped me sleep a lot better tonight than all of those past four nights combined. I'm so glad you're back Ed. I'm so SO glad you're back." She said.

"I'm glad you feel that way, mate. I'm really glad I'm back too. I promise I will never leave you, never again, no matter what my reason is." I vowed. "What do you say we have that picnic lunch today?"

"Ed, I would LOVE that." She said, and she kissed me. Unexpectedly, but I loved it. "I have been waiting so long to kiss you like this." she whispered.

"Me too." I agreed. It felt so right, as if it helped me mend the past few days. "Why don't you go upstairs and get ready for the day, and I will go to my house, shower and change quickly, and I'll be right back."

"Sounds like a plan! Hey, why don't you bring a couple pairs of your clothes over, just because you seem to be over here often." she suggested.

"Great idea! So, I will be over in about have an hour, all cleaned up, with a few pairs of clothes."

"Yep!"

"OK. See you in a little bit. Love you darling." I told her.

"Love you too, Ed." She gave me a quick kiss, a hug, and then I left. I think I have finally found the one.

Taylor's POV

I ran upstairs and hopped in the shower. With the warm water pouring down my back, I thought to myself, wow, Ed's basically moving in. He's gonna have his stuff here, this will be so great! I daydreamed about that for a little bit longer, then got out of the shower, got dressed, brushed my teeth, combed my hair, put on my makeup, did my hair, and I ran back downstairs. I heard a knock on the door, and I ran over to open it.

"Hello, love. I forgot to leave it unlocked for when I came back." Ed explained.

"Do you want a key to my house? You can have one if you'd like." I suggested.

"No, I'll be fine." He promised.

"Are you sure?"

"Yup." He told me, and he came inside.

"Do you want a drawer? A dresser?" I asked, wondering where he would like to keep his things.

"For now, I think a drawer would be nice." He said, and I led him up to my bedroom, and gestured to a dresser with a couple empty drawers.

"Take your pick." I said, and he took the top drawer and threw his stuff in.

"Ready for your picnic lunch, mate?" He inquired, and I nodded crazily. We both ran out to the car, and I got in the passenger seat. He got to the driver's side door, but hesitated.

"I trust you Ed. I promise. Drive me across the country; I'll still go because I know you can do it." I encouraged, and he got in. "And you know, I'm still expecting you to hold my hand as you drive." I joked. He picked up my hand, kissed it, and then held it all the way to the bakery. Once we got there, we got up, and I came around to meet him. "See? That wasn't so bad." He nodded, and we walked inside. We got sandwiches and pastries, then walked back out to the car. We drove to the park, laid out a blanket, and sat down. I tossed my arm around him, and he kissed me on the forehead.

"I love you Taylor." He told me.

"I love you too Ed." I said.

Suddenly, our peaceful moment was interrupted by the shouts of paparazzi.

"Are you dating?"

"Ed! Taylor! Over here!"

"Are you two on a date?"

"Are you two in a relationship?"

"Ed, do you love Taylor?"

"Look this way!"

"Taylor! Are you in love with Ed?"